I know all of us love Carnival, but if you...

Tapi

if you had the chance to book the Oasis of the Seas at the same exact rate as, lets say, the Carnival Valor (similar itineraries, similar categories), would you pick the Oasis?

I love the fact that Carnival offers a great product at a very affordable price, but I would love to try the Oasis (or the upcoming Allure of the Seas). I keep trying to convince myself that they are too big, too gimmicky, too crowded, etc, but in reality, the only thing holding me back is justifying spending that much extra to go on 1 cruise worth the cost of 2.

What are your thoughts? If the cruise rate was exactly the same (in a make believe world of course), which one would you pick?

Yes! That crazy ship is the one thing that would make me try RCCL. Just to experience it. For same price and an itinerary I wanted it would be an easy decision. Right now I'm not willing to pay a large premium to sail on it so it's not on my radar. Maybe in a couple years I'll give her a try. :)

Not me. I didn't even care for the Carnival Dream. I'll sail on the Dream or the Magic or Breeze if the itinerary and price interests me, but even at just 20,000 more tons they are bigger than I like. The Oasis is not just too big for me, I don't care for the more inward focus of the public areas.

The Conquest class ship is just the right size for me and I'm glad they will be around for a long time.

Yes because we love cruising. We do not however love a "company". Sorry, but we save that for what enjoy doing (and the people in our lives), not for whoever happens to provide it. I'm always amazed at what people consider loyalty.

Sure would love to try out almost any cruise...but I just keep coming back to carnival... the people on board have always been the most fun...:) if it's bad you would have something to bash on here...:eek:

I would for sure try the Oasis, I'm open to trying other lines. I'd like to do the Voyager out of Galveston (I hate to fly) but the prices are always too high IMO. Plus being VIP with Carnival is nice too ;) that's another big reason I stick with them.

I would try it for the same price. We tried NCL, it was a little more than Carnival but since we sailed from NOLA we didn't have to go a day early and spend money on a hotel so that made it almost the same cost. Everytime I think I"ll try a different line the price always stops me, plus some of the posters that are RCCL fans seem to think they are a little better than everyone else. But I could probably get over that if the price was right. ;)

I would try to avoid cruising on huge ships altogether. I'd feel as if I were spending a week or more in a crowded mall.

Give me the older, smaller ships any day over those overcrowded (HINT: WAITING ON ELEVATORS) ships.

Boss lady want to look at the Voyager of the Seas ouf of Galveston next spring because the ship offers more stuff to do, so yes look at different lines.

Cost between it and the Conquest are close enough it would not make a difference.

Besides have you always driven the same brand of car?

John

Archived