St Thomas...San Juan, PR.....any suggestions

loving2cruise

I'm going on St. Thomas (On the CB) and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions, as to where to visit there. This is the third time there and have been shopping and been at magens bay already. I hear that St. Johns is nice..anyone ever visit there? Is there a ferry boat that takes you directly there right from where the ship docks?

Aany suggestions to visit in Puerto Rico too? Took a tour and have been to the Bacardi Rum Tour already.....

I would appreciate any feedback that anyone has.

Thank you :)

I'm going on St. Thomas (On the CB) and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions, as to where to visit there. This is the third time there and have been shopping and been at magens bay already. I hear that St. Johns is nice..anyone ever visit there? Is there a ferry boat that takes you directly there right from where the ship docks?

Aany suggestions to visit in Puerto Rico too? Took a tour and have been to the Bacardi Rum Tour already.....

Go to the Ports of Call boards here

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=587

You'll find all sorts of info on all of the islands. Ask your question on each island your interested in.

I second the suggestion about going to port of call boards.

We just returned from the CB's repositioning to NY and St Thomas we took the Champange Catamaran tour to St John. That was a Princess sponsored tour. The ferry to St John leaves from Red Hook which is about a 20 to 30 minute drive from Crown Bay where the CB docks.

St John's is very beautiful and I highly recommend it.

I second the suggestion about going to port of call boards.

We just returned from the CB's repositioning to NY and St Thomas we took the Champange Catamaran tour to St John. That was a Princess sponsored tour. The ferry to St John leaves from Red Hook which is about a 20 to 30 minute drive from Crown Bay where the CB docks.

St John's is very beautiful and I highly recommend it.

We are considering this tour. Can you tell me more about it?

We are considering this tour. Can you tell me more about it?

We booked it though Princess. It included transportation to/from Red Hook and then you go to St John to a beach for swimming/snorkling on a very beautiful beach with a reef to explore if you snorkle. The name of the catamaran is the Adventuress and is captained by a young female and her crew of two who are very congenial hosts. After snorkling they serve rum punch, champange, beer, soft drinks and cheese. We enjoyed it immensely.

Here is the link to Princess' description:

http://www.princess.com/learn/shorex/shorexdetail.jsp?shorexId=STT-810

Take a taxi to the Coral World/Coki beach. Attend Coral World and may be take a semi-submarine, spend some time at the small, but nice beach after.

We've done this before and recommended to our parents during their South Carib Classic on CB. They loved it.

In San Juan this is one of the best excursions that we have done and not far from downtown.....

http://www.topuertorico.org/city/camuy.shtml

http://www.gotopuertorico.com/caving-puerto-rico.php

We left out of San Juan in January this year on the CB. We arrived a day early in San Juan and on the morning of our departure day we did a walking tour of old San Juan. We found one in the CAA (I'm Canadian) or AAA book. It was really good, easy to follow and the price was right :D.

Have fun!

For San Juan, using a guide book and walking around Old San Juan is really nice. And the fort tour is very nice and informative with beautiful views.

Archived