Tipping Shuttle Driver

Scarlett09

For good service (i.e. on time, helps with bags, clean van, safe driver, etc.) I usually tip about 10% of the shuttle fare rounde up to the next dollar - so for a $25 fare I would tip $3. I tip the same way for cabs.

For the "free" shuttles that take you to your hotel or car rental location $1 per person in your party is plenty.

Good luck!:)

For the shuttle from the Park N Fly in Port Everglades to the pier we tip $5.00. However, if we had no luggage, then we would tip $1.00, per person. In my opinion, if you have significant luggage then anything less than $5.00, is unfair.

• 8 months later...
For good service (i.e. on time, helps with bags, clean van, safe driver, etc.) I usually tip about 10% of the shuttle fare rounde up to the next dollar - so for a $25 fare I would tip $3. I tip the same way for cabs.

For the "free" shuttles that take you to your hotel or car rental location $1 per person in your party is plenty.

Good luck!:)

Hi, just wondering if the $1 per person is still what is recommended? We will have free shuttle service for our hotel in Fort Lauderdale. From airport to hotel, from hotel to cruiseport, and from hotel to local areas.

Can be quite a few rides!

TIA!

Hi, just wondering if the $1 per person is still what is recommended? We will have free shuttle service for our hotel in Fort Lauderdale. From airport to hotel, from hotel to cruiseport, and from hotel to local areas.

Can be quite a few rides!

TIA!

If bags are loaded/unloaded by the driver (most do) we tip $2 per bag. If no bags are loaded/unloaded, we tip $1 per person.

Many people base their tips on how many bags you have and if the driver assists or loads your bags and the cost of the service . The percentage for the cost of service would be 10% to 15% of the total plus about $2 per bag. Of course the service needs to meet your standards for you to tip accordingly. :D

If bags are loaded/unloaded by the driver (most do) we tip $2 per bag. If no bags are loaded/unloaded, we tip $1 per person.

Many people base their tips on how many bags you have and if the driver assists or loads your bags and the cost of the service . The percentage for the cost of service would be 10% to 15% of the total plus about $2 per bag. Of course the service needs to meet your standards for you to tip accordingly. :D

Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm asking about the tip for free shuttle service after we are dropped off at our hotel (no bags involved). The free shuttle to local areas.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm asking about the tip for free shuttle service after we are dropped off at our hotel (no bags involved). The free shuttle to local areas.

Hi red

Did you get a room? where? on PL?

FYI, when we use free shuttles around local area, we usually tip $1 per person.

ML

Hi red

Did you get a room? where? on PL?

FYI, when we use free shuttles around local area, we usually tip $1 per person.

ML

Hi there,

I didn't get one on PL :( I tried, but the price I was willing to pay wasn't accepted. I'm ok with the back up hotel in Plantation. 9 more days :eek::eek:

Thanks for the suggestion on tips!

Hi there,

I didn't get one on PL :( I tried, but the price I was willing to pay wasn't accepted. I'm ok with the back up hotel in Plantation. 9 more days :eek::eek:

Thanks for the suggestion on tips!

Hi Red

Actually, I think that will be good. i have been thinking that if we ever cruise out of FLL, we will try Plantation. it sounds like there is a lot nearby and maybe not as hectic (or expensive) as by the port or FLL.

wow--9 more days!! I am so jealous.

Have a great time!

ML

Hi Red

Actually, I think that will be good. i have been thinking that if we ever cruise out of FLL, we will try Plantation. it sounds like there is a lot nearby and maybe not as hectic (or expensive) as by the port or FLL.

wow--9 more days!! I am so jealous.

Have a great time!

ML

Hi NoWhiners - that's nice of you to say because we were quite disappointed we couldn't get a room near the beach or in the downtown core, but since the prices are so high for the time we'll be there, we had to go with Plantation. It is fairly close to the Sawgrass Mills Mall, so that's a plus!

Thanks again for your support and well wishes! Have a wonderful weekend! :)

Archived