Cruise Lines Targeted..Again

Not sure about the rules on this, so not posting the story....over on the Welcome, news side of AOL there is another story about the evil cruise industry.....

Friends of the Earth are talking about how the cruise industry is destroying the oceans with pollution. Never mind that the cruise industry has taken steps to offer environmentally protective steps when it comes to waste.

Someone may now if the article can be posted here, otherwise, you can stop by AOL click on welcome and flip through the current news stories to read it...

I have no idea but I get the funny feeling that all the cruise ships in the world probably total around 1% of the ships on the sea and that every modern day ship is somewhere around 99.9% more environmentally friendly than any other ship.

Not sure about the rules on this, so not posting the story....over on the Welcome, news side of AOL there is another story about the evil cruise industry.....

Friends of the Earth are talking about how the cruise industry is destroying the oceans with pollution. Never mind that the cruise industry has taken steps to offer environmentally protective steps when it comes to waste.

Someone may now if the article can be posted here, otherwise, you can stop by AOL click on welcome and flip through the current news stories to read it...

I have no idea but I get the funny feeling that all the cruise ships in the world probably total around 1% of the ships on the sea and that every modern day ship is somewhere around 99.9% more environmentally friendly than any other ship.

I doubt it´s OK to copy and paste the story, but I´d think posting the link might be OK.

I cruise and I intend to continue to do so. But I admit that it's not the most environmentally friendly activity. Those ships burn more fuel in a minute than I'll probably burn for the rest of my life put together!

It is sad to see this. Cruise lines are stakeholders in keeping the environment in tact. I would not say this about the oil companies lately.

Cruiselines want to protect the environment, since this is what people want to go see when on vacation. The major shipping industry for cars, etc. are just passing through.

If we all really looked at our personal impact it would be very sad since most of the items we use around the house get here from shipping.

I think we all need to be aware and take measures to lower our impact, but the industrial impact is much larger. I am engaged in this area for my

work, so am aware of the issues. We need so save special places, but

targeting the very small slice caused by the cruise industry is not right.

BTW; by taking people to remote areas to see the environment means we see first hand what we need to preserve for the future.

Considering what BP has done for our enviroment, especially our recent oil rig explosion for my Louisiana Coast, I think that the Friends of the Earth is picking on the wrong group. Of course this is just "my" opinion.

And this isn't BP's first "accident" with our enviroment.

We would not need to drill offshore if we were permitted to drill onshore....but that is a totally different story, and does not fit here...

The way I see it, these groups have it all figured out. Bambi is good, all of mankind is evil...Simple. If you follow their logic, if we all killed ourselves, the earth would be better off...

When did we turn the asylum over to the inmates?

This site http://www.cruiselawnews.com/articles/pollution-1/ is run by a litigation lawyer who makes his living on sueing the cruise industry..go figure...

Mitch

This first article talks about all the "Blackwater" (human sewage) and how horrible it is. Why doesn't someone ask the author about the BILLIONS & BILLIONS of fish in the ocean doing the same thing all day/every day!!??

The way I see it, these groups have it all figured out. Bambi is good, all of mankind is evil...Simple. If you follow their logic, if we all killed ourselves, the earth would be better off...

When did we turn the asylum over to the inmates?

I totally agree - - I wish someone would ask these whacos, "If your side of the issue is so right, then why do you have to LIE about it to make your point?"

I cruise and I intend to continue to do so. But I admit that it's not the most environmentally friendly activity. Those ships burn more fuel in a minute than I'll probably burn for the rest of my life put together!

:confused: But all the cruise ships in the world do not burn more than all of the other ships and boats plying the waters...what's your point. The rational is don't use any vehicle using oil as its energy source? I'd like to see less dependency on it, but not gonna happen in the near future. And you're not gonna give up your gas guzzler just as I am not...not until I can afford something that is really efficient other than gasoline. The best I can do is my Toyota Yaris-41 mpg on the highway...yes that is correct!

I saw that this morning... what a bunch of lies and half-truths!!

Considering what BP has done for our enviroment, especially our recent oil rig explosion for my Louisiana Coast, I think that the Friends of the Earth is picking on the wrong group. Of course this is just "my" opinion.

And this isn't BP's first "accident" with our enviroment.

Yeah. The way its going, this one incident will probably do more damage to the environment than all the cruise ships have done since they started sailing.

There are those who will never be happy until we all walk to work, live in grass huts and eat plants only.

"Hey Sanka mon, what cha smokin?"

Even then it won't be enough... I would love to see how much carbon was release into the atmosphere when the volcano in Iceland erupted. My guess is that it release more than all of our cars have since the 1960's!

[Your statement would be correct if the world had not been graced by the Yugo...

It polluted our roads, our memories and the air...

LOL

All those eco folks, relax I am having a lighthearted moment!

Sorry but what I find interesting in this discussion is that you are all accusing the website and article of lies and half truths yet none of you seem to have any hard facts either. You guess, you have a gut feeling, you imagine, you think. It would make a significantly better argument if you could back your feelings up with knowledge. For example- what percentage of ships floating about are cruise ships? That figure must be known. And is human waste more damaging to the oceans than the fish's waste? (On this one I suspect that the answer is yes since the ocean evolved with the fish, not with human waste).

Knowledge is golden.

1. If you had any information, what so ever ragarding water treatment on today's cruise ships, you would not be rightously defending an indefensible position.

2. Go read the dribble....It is so slanted as to imply that it goes from your stateroom to the ocean floor...NOT!!!!

3. Since you blindly have become the defense attroney for the tripe, do the research and return and enlighten us....please

1. If you had any information, what so ever ragarding water treatment on today's cruise ships, you would not be rightously defending an indefensible position.

2. Go read the dribble....It is so slanted as to imply that it goes from your stateroom to the ocean floor...NOT!!!!

3. Since you blindly have become the defense attroney for the tripe, do the research and return and enlighten us....please

1) I am not saying anything about water treatment on today's cruise ships, just suggesting that the poster who referred to fish waste was probably incorrect.

3) I am not defending anyone. You have no idea how I feel about this topic other than feeling that facts are helpful in refuting things.

One interet point was how many....Don't hav ea count on how many, but just found out there are over 4,200 tanker ships plying the waves....That is alot!

And that is just oil tankers. Wonder how many cargo ships there are? There are about 280 Cruise ships. Getting on close to 3% looks like.

Archived