Pictures of Enchantment?

I have some pictures of the ship on my last cruise that was taken just after dry dock.

http://picasaweb.google.com/cboehl11/MayCruise?feat=directlink#

We had a tiny inside room, but that is what we get every time we cruise.

Thanks for sharing. We will be on the same itinerary this summer.

I see you went to the falls on horseback, in Samana. Is this something you would recommend? We have never been there, and I have been considering this excursion. Didn't know you can swim at the falls either.

I have some pictures of the ship on my last cruise that was taken just after dry dock.

Thank you for posting this, and thanks to everyone else as well.

It does look like Enchantment is a gorgeous ship... I can see why so many people seem to love it. The only thing I don't like about it are the interior rooms... I don't mind interior rooms on nearly any other class of ship I've seen, but the ones on Enchantment looks like tiny caves... from the 80's! And sadly rooms with a window are drastically more expensive.

I may have to give Enchantment a try anyway though. :)

Thank you so much for sharing your pictures!

If I may... How did you like Samana? Did you do the ship's tour or go with a private tour company?

The horseback riding was done through the ships excursion. I have heard good things about Terry in Samana, but he looks for a bigger group than 2 and the M&M board for our cruise was light so not many people interested. That being said the ships excursion was 69 and private was 60 so easier just not to deal with it since it was a tender stop and we would be the first off that way. Turned out to be good since our tenders took a while to get off and then they started for general passengers it was later like 1130-1200. I would totally recommend this trip, but the horses do alot of rock walking so sometimes seems a little sketchy, but each rider has a guide and they do it all the time. You can swim at the falls but where you dismount the horse you are at the top of the hill. Pictures don't really do it justice but it is a steep walk down and about 10-20mins. Then you have to walk back, but they bring horses down in case some people need help getting back up the hill from the falls. Swimming was fun, there are caves you can get to behind the falls and is a nice cool refreshing thing if it is hot outside.

I will say I wrote a review that has just been placed up on CC. It seems a little negative but we are seasoned cruisers and a guess a fault to ourselves and the RCCL for spoiling us we expected more. There were just little things that give you those little ticks, but overall it was a great cruise, and with anything you can make them lemons or lemonade. I choose to let it ride because I know somethings coming in, and thus you are not so surprised. If you have more questions just ask, I love this 9nt cruise, it is drivable to the ports, I like all the stops and Labadee is my favorite (wish we stopped here for all stops).

The horseback riding was done through the ships excursion. I have heard good things about Terry in Samana, but he looks for a bigger group than 2 and the M&M board for our cruise was light so not many people interested. That being said the ships excursion was 69 and private was 60 so easier just not to deal with it since it was a tender stop and we would be the first off that way. Turned out to be good since our tenders took a while to get off and then they started for general passengers it was later like 1130-1200. I would totally recommend this trip, but the horses do alot of rock walking so sometimes seems a little sketchy, but each rider has a guide and they do it all the time. You can swim at the falls but where you dismount the horse you are at the top of the hill. Pictures don't really do it justice but it is a steep walk down and about 10-20mins. Then you have to walk back, but they bring horses down in case some people need help getting back up the hill from the falls. Swimming was fun, there are caves you can get to behind the falls and is a nice cool refreshing thing if it is hot outside.

I will say I wrote a review that has just been placed up on CC. It seems a little negative but we are seasoned cruisers and a guess a fault to ourselves and the RCCL for spoiling us we expected more. There were just little things that give you those little ticks, but overall it was a great cruise, and with anything you can make them lemons or lemonade. I choose to let it ride because I know somethings coming in, and thus you are not so surprised. If you have more questions just ask, I love this 9nt cruise, it is drivable to the ports, I like all the stops and Labadee is my favorite (wish we stopped here for all stops).

Thanks!! :)

Awww, awesome! We are going on the June 18th cruise out of Baltimore to New England/canada. What is the ceremony with the key? It is the first time on that route out of Baltimore? Does it have to do with the dry dock?

Any other pictures of the vessel that anyone has since drydock? I will be sure to take LOTs of them while we are on board (less than a month!) and share! I promise!:)

Arrived back from the 9-day Eastern Caribbean on Enchantment on 5/29/2010. Here is a link for a quick video tour of GS#8028. FYI -- we have already re-booked the exact same room for the same itinerary out of Baltimore a year from now.

I have 350+ short Flip Video clips to edit into something presentable for other parts of the trip, but you are welcome to check back over the next few weeks -- just search my name on YouTube, you should be able to find more clips as I find the time to put them together! I'm very new at the video thing, but hopefully it will give you an idea on the ship, room, etc.

Grand Suite clip

We will be in a GS this July, out of Baltimore.

I think we had 8028 a few years back out of FLL.

Would love to hear a report from you. Enchantment's perks for Suite guests, CL, embarkation, etc, etc.

Thanks for the wonderful pictures and links everyone. We are booked into a category K "larger interior" cabin in December. The deck plan indicates that this cabin is laid out sideways, with the longest wall of the cabin against the hall. Does anyone have any experiences with this cabin layout? Any pictures?

Thanks for the wonderful pictures and links everyone. We are booked into a category K "larger interior" cabin in December. The deck plan indicates that this cabin is laid out sideways, with the longest wall of the cabin against the hall. Does anyone have any experiences with this cabin layout? Any pictures?

...in 4 days (June 3 out of Norfolk, 9 day eastern Carribbean). I'll post a review and pics when we get back.

Archived