Soda Card Cost?

searlie

Hi -- does anybody know how much a soda card cost on NCL? I mistakenly thought soda was all included but I now know that's not the case, which is fine, I just wasn't sure how much it is. Also, I saw somewhere that ice-cream is extra as well? I hope that's not true... Does anybody know?

Thanks!! :)

From the NCL website:

Unlimited Fountain Soda

Includes: Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Mt. Dew, Ginger Ale, Tonic water, Club Soda.

The entire cruise must be purchased. Non-Refundable.

Prepaid @ $6.25 per person per day x Cruise days plus 15% gratuity

and applicable taxes

Souvenir Thermal mug included in the purchase of the program

Ice cream has been free in the past and I don't recall any recent posts here saying that they now charge for it.

Okay, so here's a stupid question... does that mean refills in the refillable mug only, or do you get a card to carry around? I'll probably drink enough soda to make it worth my while, but mostly at meals, and if I go to a restaurant I really don't want to be carrying that thing around with me.

Okay, so here's a stupid question... does that mean refills in the refillable mug only, or do you get a card to carry around? I'll probably drink enough soda to make it worth my while, but mostly at meals, and if I go to a restaurant I really don't want to be carrying that thing around with me.

No you don't need the mug, you just need your cabin key card, it wil have a sticker on it for the soda program.

They actually put a sticker on your cabin card and no, you do not need to carry the mug with you. Sometimes your soda will come in a small glass and sometimes it will come in a large glass. My kids would go to the bar to get their soda rather than wait for a server, which I understand can be hit or miss.

the total cost for your cruise for the soda card is charged the first day so its not like you pay for it daily...must be purchased first day for the entire cruise...that is where the $6.25 + is somewhat misleading..people think you can just purchase it on a daily basis....so WORTH it if you drink more than 3 glasses of soda a day.

Kids only pay $4.00 day for their soda card. And....if you are a bad parent like me, you send them to get you a pop when you need it.

There were two ice cream stations on the Gem. One in the Garden Cafe (buffet) and one in the Great Outdoors (at the back of the ship).

Kids only pay $4.00 day for their soda card. And....if you are a bad parent like me, you send them to get you a pop when you need it.

LOL!!! Hey, at least they are old enough to help you out! What size is the soda that the kid's card includes? Is it the same size as an adult? My husband is probably going to get the soda card on our cruise next week, but I don't drink enough to pay $6.25 per day, so I thought about doing one on my daughter's card (she's only 2 though....so I'm sure they'd raise their eyebrows at that!) for me.

Hi Everyone, Yesterday I booked our 1st cruise for our family (DH + 2 DDs - 6 & 9), and am very excited but new to how everything works. We are on the 6/12/10 sailing of the Star to Alaska. I have 2 questions about the soda card...

1) Most of us actually like lemonade. Is this usually offered on NCL ships, and is it included on the buffet, or would we need to pay for this, and if so, would it be part of the soda card?

2) My kids are 6 and 9. Are they both old enough to have room cards to put the soda package on?

And one last question...I think I know the answer to this one, but I'll throw it out there anyway...would there, by chance, be a "beer card" that I could get for my husband?! ^_^

Thanks so much to everyone sharing the great information!

Hi Everyone,

1) Most of us actually like lemonade. Is this usually offered on NCL ships,

And one last question...I think I know the answer to this one, but I'll throw it out there anyway...would there, by chance, be a "beer card" that I could get for my husband?! ^_^

not on any of the ships i have been on...BEST thing...bring the drink packets-lemonade etc and do YOUR OWN...we always have the packets with us!

no beer card...but they run specials...buy 5 get 1 free...BESTEST deal was on our PC cruise...the BOOZE wasnt flowing enough so they had BEER in BUCKET specials several times...buy 1 get 1 free...hubby got 3 of them on our 2 week cruise....on the jewel in January...more DRINKERs so the special was just the buy 5 get 1 free with the helmet.

ENJOY your CRUISE:)

The soda card "sticker" does not have any age limit on it. It can be purchased by whoever wishes to.

The price difference in $2.25 per day for under 12 compared to 13 and older.

I am quite sure that all persons (and I think that includes infants) are issued a key card, since it not only is used for room entrance, it is your "pass" to get onto the ship, and must be swiped each time you board.

HI,

I just got off the star today. The soda card for an adult cost me $50.31 for the week. I thought it was great, and really got the value out of it.

Just thought id let you know the price.

Ell

Thanks for the info on the Beer deals, as well as key card and Star soda card cost info. I have to say, everyone on this Forum is really helpful, and I have learned a lot before even stepping on board of my 1st NCL cruise! (Less than 3 days to go! Yippee! )

Archived