Norwegian Sky cabin question

My DH and I are booked on Norway Deck, cabin #0261. My hubby is a very light sleeper and I worry that I have made a wrong choice. Has anyone ever stayed in this cabin? Or one close to it? Any imput would be appreciated. That cabin class is sold out but I would be open to an upgrade if it's advised to do so because of noise.

My DH and I are booked on Norway Deck, cabin #0261. My hubby is a very light sleeper and I worry that I have made a wrong choice. Has anyone ever stayed in this cabin? Or one close to it? Any imput would be appreciated. That cabin class is sold out but I would be open to an upgrade if it's advised to do so because of noise.

We were just on the Sky and stayed in 0315 and 0316. DW has the ears of, well, whatever animal has the best hearing, and she never complained about noise. I did hear noise a couple of times but nothing that was continuous or bothersome (I am an early riser so I was usually up by 6:30). (Just noticed where you are from, howdy neighbor!)

We were in 0065 last February, a few doors and around the corner from yours. DH is a light sleeper and we had some of the best nights' sleep ever! Sitting out on the balcony, we heard some of the music and chairs moving around upstairs from the Great Outdoors Cafe during the day, but it was very faint. You should be ok.

We will be in 0349 on the Norway deck, does anyone know anything about this room? or have pics?

From the deck plans it looks like you are under the Great Outdoors Cafe, so you may hear chairs scrapping around. There a link in my signature to the pictures we took and cabin pictures are in the NCL Sky group.

I just got back yesterday from a 3-day sailing on the NCL Sky. My cabin was #0262. My in-laws stayed in your cabin, #0261. (These are oceanview cabins, not balcony cabins). Your worries about noise coming from the Outrigger Cafe which will be above you are valid. Each night around 2:30 am to 3:00 am in the morning, you could audibly hear loud scraping sounds from above. It didn't sound so much like chairs being dragged, as it did some type of rolling cart. (Sounds like a big marble being rolled across the floor). They also didn't occur during the day, only at night. The sounds lasted for about 10 seconds, would stop for 5 to 7 minutes, and then occur again. They definitely woke me up each time. But, fortunately, I ended up needing to use the restroom anyway thanks to me using my soda sticker way too much and I was able to go back to sleep without much of a problem. My poor mother-in-law (who slept in #0261) was not so fortunate. She woke up and couldn't go back to sleep for at least another hour each night.

We took our 6-month infant with us. So, we spent large stretches of the morning and day in our stateroom while he napped. We only heard the sounds at night. If you can sleep with earplugs, that might work but I am not sure. We had a white noise machine for the baby that emitted comforting sounds of the ocean and we could still hear the scraping from above.

That being said, I would still book that room again if I were to sail in the future. It is a great location relative to the buffet, Longboard Cafe, Il Idagio, the pool and the spa. And also one of the few lower priced oceanview staterooms that are available that high up on the ship.

Archived