Dawn questions for upcoming cruise...

metgame24

Sailing on the Dawn in June, and was wondering if anyone knows what other ship is docked at the DockYard on the days the Dawn is in port? Also, I am trying to determine if its better to take a bus directly to Horshoe from the Dockyard, or the ferry to Hamilton and catch a bus from there.

Thanks!

Sailing on the Dawn in June, and was wondering if anyone knows what other ship is docked at the DockYard on the days the Dawn is in port? Also, I am trying to determine if its better to take a bus directly to Horshoe from the Dockyard, or the ferry to Hamilton and catch a bus from there.

Thanks!

If by better you mean, quicker and easier, then take the bus directly from Dockyard. It is direct. But be sure to take a ferry and enjoy Hamilton (and/or St. George) too on another day!

Thanks!

Take the bus directly from Dockyard. The regular bus is #7, but they also run some express bus service directly to Horseshoe Bay that saves you some time. Even if you take the local #7 bus, it will still be faster than taking the ferry to Hamilton, walking up the hill to the bus terminal and taking the #7 to Horseshoe Bay. Of course if you want to do some sightseeing in Hamilton before going to the beach, then take the ferry.

Without knowing the exact date of your cruise it's impossible to answer the question about other ships in port.

Thanks for the bus info! We will be sailing the week of June 13th. Last May, we were the only ship at the dockyard with the exception of the Friday when another ship pulled in for just the day. Regardless, another ship just means another pretty sight to behold!

Thanks!

To answer your first question: I believe the Celebrity Summit will be docked with the Dawn all three days at Kings Wharf.

To answer your first question: I believe the Celebrity Summit will be docked with the Dawn all three days at Kings Wharf.

Correct...according to the latest version of the cruise ship schedule I could find:

http://www.gov.bm/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_2_994_282_1765_43/http%3B/ptpublisher.gov.bm%3B7087/publishedcontent/publish/ministry_of_tourism_and_transport/marine_and_ports/dept___marine_and_ports___new_links/articles/2010_cruise_ship_schedule__updated_march_10th__2.pdf

Thanks for the bus info! We will be sailing the week of June 13th. Last May, we were the only ship at the dockyard with the exception of the Friday when another ship pulled in for just the day. Regardless, another ship just means another pretty sight to behold!

Make sure you join our roll call (link in my signature under the countdown clock). We have a GREAT group going!!

We've sailed the Dawn 4 times now, 3 of which went to Bermuda. And, no other ship was in port the same time we were.... we had the Dockyard all to ourselves!! :D

Archived