Show reservations

bcakes

New post about advance ticketing for shows from Epic's facebook page. I know that this topic has already been discussed here, but I'm having mixed feelings. Prebooking the shows 45 days in advance takes the freedom out of freestyle a bit.

New post about advance ticketing for shows from Epic's facebook page. I know that this topic has already been discussed here, but I'm having mixed feelings. Prebooking the shows 45 days in advance takes the freedom out of freestyle a bit.

Many feel the same way. You are not required to make reservations in advance. The only advanced reservation I made for the transatlantic was for Cirque Dreams. The only reason is there are 14 of us that wanted to go together in the premium seating. The rest of nights I will go with the flow. ;)

So what sort of entertainment is left that DOESN'T need a reservation...

I can understand this for Blue Man and Cirque. But everything??? :eek:

If you are cruising on a summer cruise you might want to make reservations for the Nickeloden Kids breakfast...if you have kids cruising with you!:)

Can you link reservations with other people you will be cruising with? I am travelling solo on Sept 18 and have freinds travelling solo - can we our entertainment so that we ensure that we go with our frineds?

Thanks

Can you link reservations with other people you will be cruising with? I am travelling solo on Sept 18 and have freinds travelling solo - can we our entertainment so that we ensure that we go with our frineds?

Thanks

Nope:( What we did was have all 14 people make reservations for the same day and time.

Pre Booking? What happened to FREESTYLE? :confused:

Didn't want to have to decide on where I would be spending my evenings 45 days before the cruise, esp. on a new ship!

You can get in line for the "reservation" shows in advance, and they will take "freestyle" folks and put them in empty seats

I'm bumping this because I'm hoping that those who are booked on the TA might comment on their experiences with the online booking system. (Was it easy to use? Were you able to get into the shows you want to see, etc.)

I'm bumping this because I'm hoping that those who are booked on the TA might comment on their experiences with the online booking system. (Was it easy to use? Were you able to get into the shows you want to see, etc.)

No sure it could be much easier. We got all the times and shows we wanted. I have not heard anyone not getting the day and time they wanted.

Keep in mind I bet most passengers will get onboard without reservation. Not everyone spends hours searching for information about the Epic online. :cool:

Keep in mind I bet most passengers will get onboard without reservation. Not everyone spends hours searching for information about the Epic online. :cool:

Excellent point that I definitely wasn't keeping in mind-- it seems this could inure to the benefit of those of us who have developed mild obsessions with the Epic.

Excellent point that I definitely wasn't keeping in mind-- it seems this could inure to the benefit of those of us who have developed mild obsessions with the Epic.

and we avoid the long line at the box office the first day as others make reservations for the week ;)

Well I'm personally glad that I will be able to book the shows for WHEN I want to see them instead of trying to get in and maybe being turned down because they are full. Plus, with the type of luck that I have, they'd probably be completely booked the days that I'd want to go and it would force me to try to find one at a time that everyone's on shore or something. LOL

No sure it could be much easier. We got all the times and shows we wanted. I have not heard anyone not getting the day and time they wanted.

Just to burst the bubble, I tried to book at 7:30 this morning (1st day to book for the 7/17 cruise) and the first 5:30 Cirque performance came up as unavailable. Maybe they've just cancelled that show since I find it hard to believe that it could fill up this quickly. To make matters worse, after that happened, I thought about rearranging our other entertainment plans to fit a new Cirque date in, but discovered that any changes have to be made by phone. You are locked in on line to your first choices, so I went ahead and scheduled Cirque into an open slot, which would not have been my first choice, rather than going through the hassle of calling and starting over.

Just to burst the bubble, I tried to book at 7:30 this morning (1st day to book for the 7/17 cruise) and the first 5:30 Cirque performance came up as unavailable. Maybe they've just cancelled that show since I find it hard to believe that it could fill up this quickly. To make matters worse, after that happened, I thought about rearranging our other entertainment plans to fit a new Cirque date in, but discovered that any changes have to be made by phone. You are locked in on line to your first choices, so I went ahead and scheduled Cirque into an open slot, which would not have been my first choice, rather than going through the hassle of calling and starting over.

They just said on webcast they're not open for your sailing yet. Only for 7/10.

I also booked today for the 7/17/10 voyage, the only thing I couldn't book for were the premium seats for the cirque show, only standard were available. Does this mean they were sold out or just not being made available?

I also booked today for the 7/17/10 voyage, the only thing I couldn't book for were the premium seats for the cirque show, only standard were available. Does this mean they were sold out or just not being made available?

Hmmm...they sure made it sound like only the 7/10 voyage was available for booking. They did say that the premium seats are selling out, so most likely that's what the deal is.

Reservations are definitely open for July 17th even though the webcast today said only the 10th. I was able to get all my choices for when I wanted except for Cirque and the premium was not available any day or time. I wonder if they are saving them for suite guests. I usually book suites but drug my feet too long on booking this one. That may be a perk for those guests!

Do we know yet if seating is assigned or "general admission" for the entertainment? For example, if you book BMG, do you get an exact seat, or is it just a ticket to that show time and its first come first served seating? I would hope that its GA, so that you can book the same show times as others you are traveling with and still get to sit next to them. I think that NCL wouldn't want to deal with all the requests that come with assigned seating.

Do we know yet if seating is assigned or "general admission" for the entertainment? For example, if you book BMG, do you get an exact seat, or is it just a ticket to that show time and its first come first served seating? I would hope that its GA, so that you can book the same show times as others you are traveling with and still get to sit next to them. I think that NCL wouldn't want to deal with all the requests that come with assigned seating.

Seating is first come first serve. You do not get an assigned seat. If you are not in your seat 10 minutes before the show they release your reservation and let others without reservations into the theater.

Seating is first come first serve. You do not get an assigned seat. If you are not in your seat 10 minutes before the show they release your reservation and let others without reservations into the theater.

Thanks for the info. That is what I was hoping for.

Does anyone know if there will still be reserved areas for suite guests?

Archived