Internet Package

GenSteve

If you pre-purchase internet minutes the costs are as follows for the different packages:

Internet Access

Perfect for those who like to stay in touch or need to manage their affairs on a daily basis in order to put their minds at ease. Help a passenger relax and fully enjoy their Princess vacation by giving them Internet access for news, information and web-based email.

120 minutes

Item #6038 – $58.95

(Includes 20 bonus minutes for

prepurchasing an Internet time package.)

190 minutes

Item #6039 – $78.95

(Includes 40 bonus minutes for

310 minutes

Item #6302 – $103.95

(Includes 60 bonus minutes for

580 minutes

Item #6040 – $178.95

(Includes 80 bonus minutes for

1100 minutes (for World Cruise only)

Item #6300 – $253.95

(Includes 100 bonus minutes for

All prices include account activation fee.

You can use wireless internet throughout the ship (including your cabin). There is no extra charge for that.

Purchasing internet time onboard will be the same as the above prices except you won't get the bonus minutes.

Does anyone know how much it costs for the internet service if you are using a lap top in your cabin? What is the smallest amount of minutes that you can buy?
The cost for the Internet package is exactly the same whether you use one of the ship's computer stations in the Internet Cafe or your own laptop via WiFi. You can purchase by the minute, which I believe is $.70/minute or something like that. Few use the by-the-minute. Also, they usually offer a special deal the last couple of days so people can check into their airlines and print their boarding passes. Remember, the Internet onboard a ship, any ship, uses satellite communication which is totally unlike what you're used to at home. It's a lot slower and sometimes, non-existant.

How does pre-purchase internet minutes work with the Platinum/Elite credit?

$75 for voyages of 7 days or less (equivalent to 150 minute package)

$100 for voyages of 8-20 days (equivalent to 250 minute package)

$200 for voyages of 21 or more days (equivalent to two 250 minute packages)

Take into account that if you purchase an Internet package the first day before 10pm, you get a bonus of 20 - 30 minutes. So, if you're comparing pricing and plan to purchase an Internet package shortly after you board, add those minutes into the package.

Just off the Sapphire and was informed by the Internet Manager that Platinum/Elite are not eligible for the bonus mins anymore................since you are already getting mins for FREE.

Take into account that if you purchase an Internet package the first day before 10pm, you get a bonus of 20 - 30 minutes. So, if you're comparing pricing and plan to purchase an Internet package shortly after you board, add those minutes into the package.

On our Hawaii RT on the Golden they didn't give the bonus minutes when you signed up the first day. They entered you into a drawing for one 120 minute package drawing and only one passenger won the minutes. I thought that kinda sucked but didn't complain too much since we were lucky enough to be in a full suite and didn't have to pay for any internet.

Just off the Sapphire and was informed by the Internet Manager that Platinum/Elite are not eligible for the bonus mins anymore................since you are already getting mins for FREE.
Yeah. I know. :( I tried it on the Coral in January and no dice. Since the OP isn't Platinum or Elite, I didn't want to confuse things by mentioning the Platinum/Elite/full Suite perk.

On our Hawaii RT on the Golden they didn't give the bonus minutes when you signed up the first day. They entered you into a drawing for one 120 minute package drawing and only one passenger won the minutes. I thought that kinda sucked but didn't complain too much since we were lucky enough to be in a full suite and didn't have to pay for any internet.
That's a bummer. :(

I remember reading a thread about this a few weeks ago. Someone found out the hard way that the pre purchased package would not be reimbursed when they got on the ship. It is a pre purchased package that you pay for before you are even on the ship. The Platinum/Elite perk is a "reverse" charge on your on board account.

I remember reading a thread about this a few weeks ago. Someone found out the hard way that the pre purchased package would not be reimbursed when they got on the ship. It is a pre purchased package that you pay for before you are even on the ship. The Platinum/Elite perk is a "reverse" charge on your on board account.
Right. That's what I would have assumed. The onboard accounting is completely separate from the "Gifts" and pre-purchases; different accounting and processing systems. There's no compatibility between the them. This is why if you purchase an FCC (future cruise credit) while onboard, it doesn't go on your onboard account but rather is charged directly to the credit card on file.

Yeah. I know. :( I tried it on the Coral in January and no dice. Since the OP isn't Platinum or Elite, I didn't want to confuse things by mentioning the Platinum/Elite/full Suite perk.

That's a bummer. :(

In other words, Platinum/Elite who receive complimentary Internet access can NOT combine it with the Gifts & Services packages?

Doesn't seem fair.

All you're doing is pre-ordering to get extra minutes.

In other words' date=' Platinum/Elite who receive complimentary Internet access can NOT combine it with the Gifts & Services packages?

Doesn't seem fair. All you're doing is pre-ordering to get extra minutes.[/quote']True but the accounting systems are separate. On the other hand, when you're Platinum/Elite/full Suite, you get more than enough free minutes. I read that 95% of the passengers don't use more than the free minutes.

True but the accounting systems are separate. On the other hand, when you're Platinum/Elite/full Suite, you get more than enough free minutes. I read that 95% of the passengers don't use more than the free minutes.

Thanks Pam!

There are some, who never use the internet.

I on the other hand, use all the minutes that are given to me. ;)..:o..:D

It's great Princess offers their frequent cruisers free access to the net, other lines are pretty pricey.

Purchasing internet time onboard will be the same as the above prices except you won't get the bonus minutes.

If you purchase (really purchase, not free) a package the first day onboard, you would get half the number of bonus minutes you would get if you had pre-purchased.

To the OP, the internet on the ships is very slow so you do learn to be quite efficient about using it. A couple of things that I do is to send a email to people who send me emails with attachments requesting that they not send such attachments until I get home. I also prepare all of my emails offline and then send them from the draft folder once connected to the 'net. Also if using your lap top be sure and follow the instructions regarding disconnecting.

Just off CB a few weeks ago and the internet was surprisingly fast...there was only one period of about 30 minutes one night when there was no connection available.

The other thing that I noticed on this recent cruise is that there must be using new front end software. The sign in process is different than it used to be. Now you get a screen asking for first and last name, cabin number and password (that you create the first time you sign on). Before your user name was a combination of first initial, last name and (i think) cabin number.

It's much easier now. Also, one time I didn't sign off correctly and thought I had wasted about 10 minutes of time. The next day a credit for that amount of time appeared on my bill (and I hadn't said anything to the internet manager).

If you purchase (really purchase, not free) a package the first day onboard, you would get half the number of bonus minutes you would get if you had pre-purchased.

See my post #8 above. Maybe this was only on the Golden, but you did not receive bonus minutes if you signed up the first day on our cruise. Your name was entered into a drawing for 120 free minutes. Only one person received the free minutes.

See my post #8 above. Maybe this was only on the Golden, but you did not receive bonus minutes if you signed up the first day on our cruise. Your name was entered into a drawing for 120 free minutes. Only one person received the free minutes.

Normally those with free packages (platinum and elite) will not get any bonus minutes, but on the Princess cruises I have been on in the past year, everyone else was offered the extra minutes if they bought a package on the first day.

Normally those with free packages (platinum and elite) will not get any bonus minutes, but on the Princess cruises I have been on in the past year, everyone else was offered the extra minutes if they bought a package on the first day.

We were there when people were told that their name would be entered into a drawing for the free minutes. No bonus minutes were being given to anyone (suite, platinum, elite or otherwise). This surprised us since it has always been smart to sign up the first day and receive bonus minutes.

They may have just been trying this as an experiment, but most people were quite upset about it, except of course the person who won the free minutes.

I wonder if they are still trying it on the Golden? I hope not because when I need to sign up for a package I like to receive the bonus minutes. Of course, now I will just pre-pay for the internet before embarkation and receive more bonus minutes than given onboard.

We are on a back to back starting next week and my husband and I both become platinum after the first cruise. When we sign up for internet minutes for the second cruise, do we both get the free minutes since we are both platinum? And will we need to sign up for two packages of minutes so we can get two free sets of minutes? (Even if in same cabin?)

thanks.

We are not plat or elite, so I purchased the minutes package online.

190 minutes

Item #6039 – $78.95

We just got upgraded to a suite on the Star Princess. Do we get any internet credits for being in a suite. If so, DH can use the extra minutes, and I can use the 190 minutes I already paid for. I realize I won't get the $78.95 back. Just happy to be upgraded from a mini-suite to a VS suite.

190 minutes

Item #6039 – $78.95

We just got upgraded to a suite on the Star Princess. Do we get any internet credits for being in a suite. If so, DH can use the extra minutes, and I can use the 190 minutes I already paid for. I realize I won't get the $78.95 back. Just happy to be upgraded from a mini-suite to a VS suite.

In a full suite you get FREE UNLIMITED Internet. Enjoy!

If in a mini suite you don't get free internet.

We are on a back to back starting next week and my husband and I both become platinum after the first cruise. When we sign up for internet minutes for the second cruise, do we both get the free minutes since we are both platinum? You will each get an internet credit on your accounts equivlent to the package value for the length of the segment.

And will we need to sign up for two packages of minutes so we can get two free sets of minutes? (Even if in same cabin?) You will need to sign up under each of your names to get both sets of minutes. The packages of minutes will not be combined into one account, but will be assigned to each person's account. As long as you share passwords, either one of you can use either account.

See above in red.

190 minutes

Item #6039 – $78.95

How do I sign up in advance?

Archived