How many formal nights

delondin

We are doing a 5 night cruise on QV. I have printed my travel summary, edocs and luggage tags. How do I find out how many (if any) formal nights. The itinerary shows a Victoriana Ball and a Black and White Ball but I understand these are optional.

Thanks

Thanks but we haven't received anything through the post and therefore do not have a brochure. We booked our shore excursions online.

If there is only one do you know which night it is? Are the rest elegant casual?

Thanks but we haven't received anything through the post and therefore do not have a brochure. We booked our shore excursions online.

If there is only one do you know which night it is? Are the rest elegant casual?

You should have received one big brochure entitled Pre-Voyage Documentation & Shore Ecursions - this will have your luggage labels inside - and a smaller brochure entitled Your Voyage Guide. Everyone gets these. If you haven't got them, you should really tell Cunard ASAP and they will send you these.

Hello

We too are on the QV 5 night 26th May cruise.

I went to the Travel agent today to correct a date of birth error and asked when we would receive our pre-voyage pack and luggage labels as there is little time left now, and she said they probably wouldn't send them out in a cost-cutting effort and we'd get our luggage tags at the terminal!?

I, too would like to know the dress codes. I have somewhere a note that the first night is B & W Ball and the 2nd night Victoriana - two in a row - not right, surely??

We only booked this a week or so ago, having come off our very first cruise, on QV (22nd April Iberian Idyll) and loved every single minute. This is a very greedy extra trip! Can't wait!

We only booked ours last week as well (26 May trip). We have printed luggage labels from web with our edocs etc. Do we need anything else ?

Does everyone adhere to the Black and White formal night, which I presume means I have to wear a black or white dress. I have lots of formal wear but mostly other colours. We did the 4 day QM2 Hamburg trip in 2008 and I was a bit surprised/disappointed that most passengers didn't dress up much. The one formal night was billed as optional formal which I found a bit bizarre.

We only booked ours last week as well (26 May trip). We have printed luggage labels from web with our edocs etc. Do we need anything else ?

Does everyone adhere to the Black and White formal night, which I presume means I have to wear a black or white dress. I have lots of formal wear but mostly other colours. We did the 4 day QM2 Hamburg trip in 2008 and I was a bit surprised/disappointed that most passengers didn't dress up much. The one formal night was billed as optional formal which I found a bit bizarre.

You will find that most men will be in black and white and at most 40% of the ladies.The ball starts after dinner in the Queens Room and a lot of people don't even go to it. Wear what you feel comfortable wearing and don't worry about what others wear, or don't.

Does everyone adhere to the Black and White formal night, which I presume means I have to wear a black or white dress. I have lots of formal wear but mostly other colours.

Don't worry about what color you wear, bring something you already have. I ended up wearing a grey/silver thing I'd bought prior to knowing what the 'dress code' was. Mom wore something purple I think, as it was what she already had as a 'mother of the groom' dress for my brother's wedding. Remember the 'dress code' is only a guideline and NOT a commandment.

Have fun and enjoy yourselves! Honestly, clothing really doesn't matter unless you tried to get in the dining room in blue jeans and a t-shirt. ;)

Archived