Toilets in Malaga & Barcelona

We like to visit the majority of ports "on our own" but, do plenty of pre-cruise planning. Can anyone tell us the various locations in Malaga & Barcelona where we can find toilets/restrooms & what coinage we'll need?:confused:;)

We usually stick to the main "touristy" sights & town. Any information you can give us will be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks to everyone who takes the time to reply:)

As far as Barca is concerned, any bar has a restroom for clients' use. Corte Ingles at the Placa catalunya is a large department store with all the restroom facilities. You'll have euros, of course, so if any payment is required you'll surely have some bits and bobs in your purse. Have always been impressed at general high standards of cleanliness in loos in Spain!

Have not used the restrooms in Malaga...in Barcelona, you can always buy a drink or snack at a fast food establishment to use the restroom. Most will have a code on your receipt for the restroom door. While I hate to admit it, the neighborhood McDonalds/ KFC/ Burger King has come to our rescue more than once. With kids, we seem to need a restroom only when are NOT eating a meal or at a convenient spot. The codes on the receipts are usually good for the week in case you are there for more than a day trip. Have a wonderful trip.

• 2 weeks later...
Of all the questions I thought for our 1st tip next year to Barcelona for our cruise, I didn't even think of the bathrooms. If you do tip you Taxi driver which I just read that isn't the norm, how much would you tip them.

if tipping is not the norm, and you still want to tip. just round up to the next euro.

t

BTW: I just wanted to suggest - my parents and I traveled extensively when I was growing up and they ALWAYS told me, if you see a toilet, stop and go, even if you don't think you need to and I've always done this - which has turned out to be really smart in places like Spain and Italy where it may be a long time between bathrooms.

Any Corte Ingles (Spain's department store) will have toilets on the same floor as the restaurant. They're free. Also, Spaniards will just walk into a bar and use the toilet. Toilets in Spain, unlike France, are usually immaculate. The only pay toilets I have ever seen are those swish cabins that you sometimes see near beaches which wash themselves down afterwards.

Archived