Just booked our first Royal cruise on the Freedom!

Just have to share my excitement! I've been wanting to try Royal for a while, but got scared away a year or so ago when there were a lot of negative reports and people jumping ship to other brands due to some changes to the loyalty program. Then I heard about the WOW sale, again got all excited to book...until I read about the new price reduction policy. But we decided not to let any of this get us down, we are comfortable with the price we got (and the OBC:)) so it's all good.

Since this will be our first cruise on RCL we booked 2 midship adjoining inside cabins, we dont plan on being in there often so these will be fine;). And my cousin and her family booked and are in the cabin next to us too! Our cruise will not be until Oct 2011 so I will have plenty of time to catch up and learn all about RCL on these boards! Looking forward to the cruise and getting to know all of you over here:)!

We booked on Freedom today too for June 2011. Its not our first cruise but its our first on this ship. Ive really only heard great things about it and we're really excited too. Happy planning for the next year! :D

You will love Freedom. My family just got off of her Sunday. We booked the Eastern Caribbean and loved it. There is so much to do on this ship. We got a balcony room and loved to just sit there and have coffee and relax.

Norwegian Cruise Line - 1995

Soverign of the Seas - 1996

Grandeur of the Seas 1997

Enchantment of the Seas 1998

Grandeur of the Seas - 1999

Celebrity Galaxy - 2003

Mariner of the Seas - 2005

Liberty of the Seas - 2008

Freedom of the Seas - 2010

Allure of the Seas - 2011

Jessica, congrats on booking with Royal Caribbean. I have booked four cabins for Dec 2011. Taking our kids cruising with us; oh yea and the grandkids too.

Well you sure picked a GREAT ship for your first cruise on RCI! Freedom is awesome and I hope your cruise planning will be as much fun at the cruise itself! :)

Agree, we took our first FOS last week, and fell in love with the ship. So much so, that within the first day, we contacted our TA and cancelled our DCL Bookings for 2011 and replaced them with FOS.

The Freedom is scheduled for dry dock the first quarter of 2011. They are doing some great things to her. Check out it out on the RC web site at http://www.nationofwhynot.com/blog/

I keep hearing this, but when I check the cruise calendar for 2011, there is no break in the schedule that would indicate dry dock dates. Since we're scheduled to sail on FOS in May, 2011 do you know where I can find more specifics on the DD Dates?

I keep hearing this, but when I check the cruise calendar for 2011, there is no break in the schedule that would indicate dry dock dates. Since we're scheduled to sail on FOS in May, 2011 do you know where I can find more specifics on the DD Dates?

Here's the link with a lot of info about the dry dock upgrades they will be doing! http://www.nationofwhynot.com/blog/?p=1312

Thanks for the warm welcome! Glad to hear you all loved the ship! I've been looking at images of the ship and it's so beautiful! My kids are going to love all the active stuff and I will be looking forward to Vintages and the new Cupcake Cupboard they will be adding!!

Here's the link with a lot of info about the dry dock upgrades they will be doing! http://www.nationofwhynot.com/blog/?p=1312

Thanks for the warm welcome! Glad to hear you all loved the ship! I've been looking at images of the ship and it's so beautiful! My kids are going to love all the active stuff and I will be looking forward to Vintages and the new Cupcake Cupboard they will be adding!!

Thanks, I love the "what" they're doing - just a bit concerned because I can't find anything that tells the "when" they're doing it.

Having watched NFL championship games and NBA finals while relaxing in the pool on DCL, can't wait to see how their new screen compares.

Thanks, I love the "what" they're doing - just a bit concerned because I can't find anything that tells the "when" they're doing it.

Oh, I'm sorry! I knew I read the dates but they are actually under the article in the comments section! Here's the comment I saw:

Question: WHEN WILL FREEDOM BE BACK IN SERVICE AFTER HER DRY DOCL PERIOD??????? THIS IS 1 SHIP WE WANT TO GO ON

Answer: Freedom of the Seas will be in dry dock on March 20th and will be back in service on March 27th

Oh, I'm sorry! I knew I read the dates but they are actually under the article in the comments section! Here's the comment I saw:

Question: WHEN WILL FREEDOM BE BACK IN SERVICE AFTER HER DRY DOCL PERIOD??????? THIS IS 1 SHIP WE WANT TO GO ON

Answer: Freedom of the Seas will be in dry dock on March 20th and will be back in service on March 27th

Thanks:):) I never would have looked down there for the answer...BTW, when you get on the FOS, if Marvin is working the Sky Bar, tell him the Beck's couple who found the 10th body part say hello:D

• 2 weeks later...

When are you sailing? We are on for the 15th -- tried to push out the date just to wait on the retro fit - should be great! :D

I hope you love the Freedom! She was a great ship full of great surprises. :) This was my kids' first cruise too - they still talk about going again and want to go NOW! :D (Me too!!!) I have quite a few pictures in the link in my signature, if you're interested. Happy cruising!

We will be sailing on FOS for our first cruise ever on June 6th....just 5 days away! We booked last January, so I can hardly believe that it's almost here! We are very excited to meet Ms. Freedom and enjoy our Junior Suite and everything else the ship has to offer. Hope you have a great time too!

Archived