Fake Champagne

jadesmom78

My DW and I don't drink wine or champagne but do enjoy sparkling grape juice for special occasions...has anyone ever taken a bottle of this onboard as their allowed "wine" for the sailoff celebration. I know Carnival allows 12 non alcoholic soda's or water but I'm wondering if I can take a bottle of "fake champagne" (you know the grape juice in the same type of bottles as wine or champagne) in addition to my soda's? Thanks for the info...

I was wondering the same thing. I was planning on bringing 3 bottles of wine/champagne for me, DH and Dmom. Then I was also going to bring 2 bottles of the non-alcoholic stuff for the DDs (2) who are 15 and 18. We will drink that at sailaway with the chocolate covered strawberries I ordered.

I don't plan on bringing any other soda to count against our 12 per person total.

Maggie

What I was wondering though is would it count against my soda allowance or could it count for my wine allowance. I know it probably wouldn't matter to some but we don't have a lot of extra money and we drink way to many (way more that we probably should) soda's so even leaving out one would be an annoyance, plus having to break up a case and all...of course since they don't have size restrictions I might just bring 2 liters instead of cans anyway...

Thanks for the quick responses...:)

What I was wondering though is would it count against my soda allowance (YES) or could it count for my wine allowance. (NO, it's NOT a wine.) I know it probably wouldn't matter to some but we don't have a lot of extra money and we drink way to many (way more that we probably should) soda's so even leaving out one would be an annoyance, plus having to break up a case and all...of course since they don't have size restrictions I might just bring 2 liters instead of cans anyway...

Thanks for the quick responses...:)

You can bring a TOTAL of 12 non-alcoholic beverages, how you divy them up is up to you. If you want to be THE ONE that brings on 12 2 liter bottles and causes Carnival to stipulate a size limitation, go ahead.

"Guests may bring a small quantity (package of 12 per person) of non-alcoholic beverages."

Don't worry...I couldn't possibly carry-on 12 2 liter's. What I meant was I would bring my juice and a couple of 2 liters instead of messing up a case of cans by taking out 1 can so I could bring my bottle since they are (imho) discriminating against people who choose not to drink wine/champagne and would rather have this as a substitute. I wouldn't dream of having a whole ship mad at me by "ruining it for everybody" and even though I said we drink way to much, I still don't think we could drink 11 2 liters in a week.

Don't worry...I couldn't possibly carry-on 12 2 liter's. What I meant was I would bring my juice and a couple of 2 liters instead of messing up a case of cans by taking out 1 can so I could bring my bottle since they are (imho) discriminating against people who choose not to drink wine/champagne and would rather have this as a substitute. I wouldn't dream of having a whole ship mad at me by "ruining it for everybody" and even though I said we drink way to much, I still don't think we could drink 11 2 liters in a week.

I read this but dont understand it?? Why do you think Carnival discriminates against you?? Hey you dont need to pay for drinks, isnt this good, not bad? What are you ruining for everyone?

Lots of people dont drink who cruise ... dont feel like a martyr or whatever you are thinking... my sister doesnt because of meds, what's the big deal, unless you want to drink?

Isnt 12 sodas (or whatever you are choosing to bring) enough?? I really dont think they are counting, dont sweat this.

PS I hear the non ahcholic punch at the partys is quite good, try it.

I've never cruised before and I didn't know they had punch at the parties. and while people are celebrating the sailaway with wine or champagne that they brought aboard which I thought is one reason people did this I didn't understand why I shouldn't be able to bring what I usually use...at new years when everyone else celebrates with champagne or wine I use my sparkling grape juice. It comes in the same type of bottle and gives me the same celebratory feeling. That's all I want...I don't want to start a major fuss but like I said never cruised before and didn't know about the punch and thought it would be reasonable for them to allow something that looks the same as a reasonale substitute. Please forgive me for starting something without meaning too...I hope maybe you can understand now where I'm coming from...and like I said I'm not trying to ruin it for anyone else but I paid just as much for this as everyone else and I have just as much right to all the experiences as everyone else including celebrating the sailaway!

They look so much like regular bottles of champagne that I don't think you will have a problem at all. Maybe buy the kind that look a little more "champagne-y" and don't say "Welch's Grape Juice" in big letters and I don't think they will be able to tell.

From what I have read on these boards, unless you have way more than the allowed one bottle per person, they don't even look at the bottles.

Maggie

My DW and I don't drink wine or champagne but do enjoy sparkling grape juice for special occasions...has anyone ever taken a bottle of this onboard as their allowed "wine" for the sailoff celebration. I know Carnival allows 12 non alcoholic soda's or water but I'm wondering if I can take a bottle of "fake champagne" (you know the grape juice in the same type of bottles as wine or champagne) in addition to my soda's? Thanks for the info...

This is a yes you can....No problem. Take it in your carry on bags. If you want to take a couple of them do it....I mentioned taking on your bottles in your carry ons so they don't hold up your checked luggage to inspect it. It is amazing how many people don't know how to read and would see a bottle of sparkling grape juice and just wouldn't figure it out....

But they would return it at the end of the cruise...LOL....;)

Have a great cruise and toast us all here....

Also remember that these items need to be in your carryon, NOT your checked bags.

And if you run out, I have read that you can buy more soda in the ports and its no problem to bring them back on board. The only problem might be finding the soda that you like, if you drink more unusual stuff.

Maggie

Archived