OMG.. Changed sail date 3 times since Friday!! Questions..

Hey everyone,

The past few days have been crazy for us.. We originally booked the Pride for 8/15/10.. It was not ES.. And I still had a small balance due before June 1st..

Get a call from my MIL that she CAN NOT watch our kids for that week now.. :eek:

She gives us the whole month of October to book from.. Ok cool, we can get a cheaper cruise, book under ES.. SO, we chose October 17th Pride, ES and I get a $900 credit deposited into my checking account.. :D

All is well..

Right?

NO.. MIL calls back again, literally 5 hours later and says no can do to the October sail date! :eek:

OMG.. Get back on the phone with Carnival.. Beg and plead not to charge me the $50 pp for yet another change.. They agree that they will not charge me as long as we do not change again..Was not charged for the change from Aug to Oct because we were within final payment..

Now, one thing I did forget to mention is our original Aug 15th date was booked with friends of ours. They could not change dates as she is a teacher so August was best..

Ok, get a call today from the MIL (whoooooo at this point I am not digging at all) She is upset and says she is sorry that she put us through all of that and to go ahead and change it back to the original Aug. date.. She also offered to pay the $100 I was out for the change back to August..:cool:

Here is my question: The rep said I am still considered ES as it followed my booking.. This makes no sense to me.. I mean I am thrilled, but my ES rate was with the August changed to October cruise.. How did this happen?

By the way, my MIL is usually not this undecisive for lack of a better word.. Not sure what the heck happened there but my nerves are SHOT.. Lol...

I should also add that we got todays rates for the cruise and not the ES rate that applied months ago.. so I am only paying $40 more total today then I paid a month ago.. Either way, ES was not available when we originally booked Aug. 15th..

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!!!!.......amazing......you have a lot more patience then I. :)

Oh believe me, there was a ton of yelling and freaking out the second time she called.. But like I said, she is normally very good to us about anything like that..

They have to keep it ES once its booked ES, even if got to change ships no charge ... in order to make sure the deposit remains nonrefundable.

I see.. I find it strange though.. I mean, again we didn't get the ES lower rate that it must have been months ago, but now we get to have OBC if the price drops which I am so happy about..

Once ES always ES to keep your deposit nonrefundable. You are too late for ES rates so you have an ES booking in at a Fun Select (I am guessing) rate. That Fun Select rate may go down to equal to or below what the ES rate was before, but you never know.

We also had to change dates after ES was gone on our last cruise and were definitely charged $50 each but Carnival was kind enough to put us in a Fun Saver rate since the Fun Select was extremely expensive. Eventually we ended up in a past guest rate where we were able to select our cabin (and were given some OBC as well ;))

It make sense to me since I have been through it. I am not sure i explained it very well though.

Since you are in an ES booking now, keep checking for price drops and enjoy your cruise!

Hey everyone,

The past few days have been crazy for us.. We originally booked the Pride for 8/15/10.. It was not ES.. And I still had a small balance due before June 1st..

Get a call from my MIL that she CAN NOT watch our kids for that week now.. :eek:

She gives us the whole month of October to book from.. Ok cool, we can get a cheaper cruise, book under ES.. SO, we chose October 17th Pride, ES and I get a $900 credit deposited into my checking account.. :D

All is well..

Right?

NO.. MIL calls back again, literally 5 hours later and says no can do to the October sail date! :eek:

OMG.. Get back on the phone with Carnival.. Beg and plead not to charge me the $50 pp for yet another change.. They agree that they will not charge me as long as we do not change again..Was not charged for the change from Aug to Oct because we were within final payment..

Now, one thing I did forget to mention is our original Aug 15th date was booked with friends of ours. They could not change dates as she is a teacher so August was best..

Ok, get a call today from the MIL (whoooooo at this point I am not digging at all) She is upset and says she is sorry that she put us through all of that and to go ahead and change it back to the original Aug. date.. She also offered to pay the $100 I was out for the change back to August..:cool:

Here is my question: The rep said I am still considered ES as it followed my booking.. This makes no sense to me.. I mean I am thrilled, but my ES rate was with the August changed to October cruise.. How did this happen?

By the way, my MIL is usually not this undecisive for lack of a better word.. Not sure what the heck happened there but my nerves are SHOT.. Lol...

I should also add that we got todays rates for the cruise and not the ES rate that applied months ago.. so I am only paying $40 more total today then I paid a month ago.. Either way, ES was not available when we originally booked Aug. 15th..

Have you ever seen the movie 'Throw Mama from the Train'?!

When you booked the October Cruise you booked under ES. When you cancelled and re-booked the August Cruise again (with no $50 pp penalty) you were NOT required to re-book a cancelled ES Booking under ES Again; you could have re-booked under ES at current ES rate and you would retain ES price protection up to 2 days before sailing, or you COULD have re-booked under any of PastGuest, 55+, Resident or Miltary at their current rates but would not retain ES Price Protection. ken

This might be a good time to find a professional child sitter, and bite the bullet with Momma. Have a great cruise!

I agree. (although I personally would recommend someone you know and trust)

Have a backup just in case she changes her mind again. ;)

When you booked the October Cruise you booked under ES. When you cancelled and re-booked the August Cruise again (with no $50 pp penalty) you were NOT required to re-book a cancelled ES Booking under ES Again; you could have re-booked under ES at current ES rate and you would retain ES price protection up to 2 days before sailing, or you COULD have re-booked under any of PastGuest, 55+, Resident or Miltary at their current rates but would not retain ES Price Protection. ken

Really? The rep told me I had to stay with ES.. So I said then give me the original price that my balcony started out with when ES was still in place. He said I could not, but I had to stay with ES..

I mean either way I am ok I guess.. But, we did not pay the ES original amount, the cheapest amount as we booked weeks after ES dropped off.. :rolleyes:

Archived