Any Mosquito's ???

Texas Fight

This may sound odd, but we got hit pretty hard in Mexico travels and also in Alaska. I wouldnt have thought alaska but they were very bad. Anyone know?

You may want to state the geographic area that you are interested in (and the time of year).

I'm interested in this question as well. I hope knowledgeable people will reply. Since OP posted on the Greece board, I assume that's the area-- various Greek ports and islands. I'd be interested in same for Italian ports, but I think it's probably not necessary to post separately. I imagine conditions around the Med are similar (with plenty of exceptions and of course lots of variabilities and contingencies). Just trying to get as good a handle on this as possible.

I have been to Italy/Greece etc. at various times of the year and have yet to run into mosquito's like we have here in the US,but having said that if you are at all worried I would just take some bug wipes or a can of spray with you and then you won't have to woryy one way or the other.

Yes Mexico and Alaska are famous for them, FWIW two summers ago late July thru early August I had no problems and I'm the Mosquito magnet in my family. But I agree bring a can of DEET can't hurt :D

This may sound odd, but we got hit pretty hard in Mexico travels and also in Alaska. I wouldnt have thought alaska but they were very bad. Anyone know?

Yea, night would be the hot time for bugs and we will be on the ship. We went to some crappy mayan ruins in Progresso Mexico in mid day and I thought they were going to carry us away. We will be going to Athens, Ephesus, and Crete in 2 weeks. Thanks for the responses

Archived