Power boards banned?

Drelix

Drelix I read that somewhere too- I think it was Carnival and another line mentioned too. I contacted P&O as we need to take medical equipment. They assured me we'd be fine and they were more concerned about pax wishing to take toasters and small kettles etc, as some are not compatible with their electricity supply. P&O didn't actually say they were banned but they do say in the brochure that you shouldn't take unnecessary electrical equipment. I guess this would obviously apply to all lines.

How do they expect a cabin of like 4 to charge all the cameras phones and etc devices with out one i would always run the chance an take one...

cause some friends share a cabin and have different cameras phones and that....

• 4 weeks later...

Power boards are OK as long as you are just charging up low drain electrical items.

we need to realise that cabins are not wired to cope with Irons, Coffee Percs,Hot water jugs etc.

We were on one cruise where someone plugged an iron in ,

it blew the fuse on a whole section of cabins:eek:

• 2 weeks later...
It’s Carnival that are banning Power boards. As far as I am aware Power boards are still allowed on P&O Australia & Princess ships.

Just to clarify ... there was a lot of talk a while back on the Carnival board saying that power boards were being banned (which all apparently started after someone had a dodgy looking board confiscated), but Carnival subsequently confirmed that it was perfectly OK to take a power board with you.

Cheers

Bob

Hi all well on our last cruise last week departing 12th june we took a power board and othe items with us. yes they were checked by P&O, what they checked was were they in good order yes, have they been tested yes, as all our electrical items are tested once a year at home and work ( test and tag). all good to take on board P&O. (it does not cost alot to have done)

Just to clarify ... there was a lot of talk a while back on the Carnival board saying that power boards were being banned (which all apparently started after someone had a dodgy looking board confiscated), but Carnival subsequently confirmed that it was perfectly OK to take a power board with you.

Cheers

Bob

Nobody even asked if we had taken a power board - on either of our cruises.

The subject was never raised and the power board and extension lead was there for all to see.

I just think if any one who takes these item's on there cruise, should make shore they in good working order and the leads are not demaged at all. so they dont have any reason tp take them off you. We have had ours check on two cruises out 7 with P&O.

Have a great cruise, Wenmar! :) You will be fine with your power board. I know what I am talking about because, as we take medical equipment, before our cruise I contacted P&O about the p boards and they assured me we would be fine. They said they were more worried about people taking irons and toasters. (Why would anyone want to take a toaster??? :eek:) The irons on Pac Dawn anyway, are far better than the steam iron I use at home.

Incidentally, on boarding the ship, we were NOT asked if we had them.

Archived