Bon Voyage no sell Liquor complaint email add

No. Liquor purchased on board is held until the last evening of the cruise and delivered to your cabin then.

See these are some of the things that bother me...Now, by no means do I need alcohol to have a good time but when on vacation, I tend to be a social drinker. So Carnival does not want us smuggling alcohol onto the ship in our baggage so the alternative is to order from the BV Department, which has now been taken away. To top it off, you can't even buy a bottle of liquor in the store to enjoy either? I ca understand the safety aspect of bringing it back to your room, it breaking, etc....but what would be the wrong if the bottle could be delivered to your room? There are just too many roadblocks in this equation.

I would think with a policy change this contentious, that the powers that be would have briefed in detail all of their representatives as to the policy.

lol...you cant be serious. There are many old policies that some of Carnivals staff still dont understand.

Also just because management gives out information, it doesnt mean that their empolyees fully understand it.

See these are some of the things that bother me...Now, by no means do I need alcohol to have a good time but when on vacation, I tend to be a social drinker. So Carnival does not want us smuggling alcohol onto the ship in our baggage so the alternative is to order from the BV Department, which has now been taken away.

I think the alternative Carnival wants you to use is buying it per drink at the various bars.

Right, but what if YOU do all that drinking, fall over a rail and land on top of another guest and seriously injure that guest. That guest will obviously come after you, but they would also have an ability to come after the cruise line.

Similarly, if God forbid you get hit by a drunk driver, there would likely be cause for legal action not only against the driver, but also whomever was serving him/her the alcohol and permitted them to get in the car.

I understand that the potential hole is the enforcement at the bars on the ship, but again, since this is a new policy, are you certain that they aren't also changing the enforcement on the ship?

The day that Carnival cuts out selling alcohol on board so everyone can feel "safer", I'll buy you 100 drink tickets:)

I guess its hard to imagine, when you havent actually sailed on a ship, but if Carnival was concerned about a pax getting drunk and doing something stupid, they wouldnt have their servers asking you for drinks every 10 mins or sending drinks through room service or offer all you can drink packages to large groups. I have NEVER seen anyone on the ship cut off, even when its clearly evident that they can barely stand.

This is a decision made based on economics, not liability.

Broken record...but you are talking about the past. If this is a liability issue, then the way they have done things in the past does not equal the way they will do it in the future.

And as for the never having cruised before thing, you can ABSOLUTELY provide input and perspective on issues like this if you haven't cruised before. I am not getting into political issues or anything, but Barack Obama had never run a government before, but yet the majority of Americans decided he could lead the greatest country in the world. There are countless of examples of people who have never done something that contribute ideas/perspective/solutions to issues. This is part of what makes our country so great.

Oh absolutely, Jeff....I can understand it from their perspective but they won't be completely losing profit if cruisers purchase a bottle from them anyway.

Bit of a hassle if you are in your cabin and want to order a cocktail before dinner and you have to get up and go get it rather than have it in the comfort of your own room though.

This was just posted on the board on the Carnival site - forums, Seeking Carnvial Assistance:

I am still awaiting details on this change and as soon as I have it I will post in the "Policy Update" forum.

In the meantime, please keep in mind that, as I have advised on numerous occasions, I share all of your comments from these boards and others with upper management and have done so in this case as well. There is no need to fan flames. Thank you.

Mischelle Beattie Manager - Online Community Carnival Cruise Lines

So maybe this is the place to voice concerns - I did!

I've been in touch with Mischelle since early yesterday. Duplicating what's said here on the Carnival forum is merely additional effort. She reads these boards a well...

Right, but what if YOU do all that drinking, fall over a rail and land on top of another guest and seriously injure that guest. That guest will obviously come after you, but they would also have an ability to come after the cruise line.

Similarly, if God forbid you get hit by a drunk driver, there would likely be cause for legal action not only against the driver, but also whomever was serving him/her the alcohol and permitted them to get in the car.

I understand that the potential hole is the enforcement at the bars on the ship, but again, since this is a new policy, are you certain that they aren't also changing the enforcement on the ship?

I understand your points about liability, but I think you're getting away from the basic argument about eliminating BV. There has ALWAYS been heavy drinking on these ships for DECADES, and there has been NO recently publicized big incidence that would cause carnival to change their policy because of liability reason.

So other than just throwing out random ideas, why would you think this is about anything other than $$$$$?

Well, Mischelle, if you read this, note that for many people, the issue isn't even just having the option of a pre- or post- dinner drink on the balcony, it is the CONTROL that carnival is trying to exert on its adult passengers.

I don't go on vacation to have big brother trying to control how I spend my time.

In fact, it is offensive.

Having said that, I'm curious as to what "legitimate" reason you, or anyone else, would accept. I'm not trying to single out TortieGal at all, it just seems that this is the prevailing attitude. I think what everyone is trying to say is that they don't agree with the decision, and the only thing they will accept is reversal. If you are truly vehemently opposed to the decision then there is no reason that you will accept as "legitimate."

Well, you kind of are singling me out. ;)

When I say legitimate, I refer to the whole powerstrip/hair dryer wattage/fan/etc. issue. I felt there were multiple answers being given as to the reason behind the decision. All I ask for is one consistent answer, not a different answer from everyone you ask.

Broken record...but you are talking about the past. If this is a liability issue, then the way they have done things in the past does not equal the way they will do it in the future.

And as for the never having cruised before thing, you can ABSOLUTELY provide input and perspective on issues like this if you haven't cruised before. I am not getting into political issues or anything, but Barack Obama had never run a government before, but yet the majority of Americans decided he could lead the greatest country in the world. There are countless of examples of people who have never done something that contribute ideas/perspective/solutions to issues. This is part of what makes our country so great.

So hows that Hope and Change workin out for ya?

The day that Carnival cuts out selling alcohol on board so everyone can feel "safer", I'll buy you 100 drink tickets:)

I'll save this just in case ;)

But I meant maybe they will start cutting off clearly drunk patrons...no way they stop selling altogether...waaaayyyyyyy too much money at risk for that.

I just don't get everyone saying this is a money issue. If they want more profit, they simply increase the prices of BV. Many of the people saying this is a money issue also say they will now smuggle more...this isn't an unnatural reaction, and anyone with any ounce of business knowledge would be able to forecast this exact thing. I don't know how the people at carnival are, but the company seems to be doing relatively well, so I'm going to assume they have basic business knowledge and they know that simply cutting off BV sales will NOT result in increased sales/profits on the ship.

It's all speculation at this point - I just don't get why everyone is convinced its a money decision when one thing we can all agree on is that it will not help their profits.

LOl I was always taught not to discuss Politics or Religion with others...

always turns into a controversy. Although, some of these boards have gotten vicious with the low blows lately. This forum deals with vacations aka supposed to be happy times? :(

Last post on May 20, 2010 at 11:30 AM by Mischelle

This post has 0 replies

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

4TEQMA2XMP48.png

rankTop75.gif

GenderFemale.gif

Posts 657 staffbadge.png

Mischelle Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 at 11:30 AM 5star-rating.png rated by 0 users

Good Afternoon,

An unfortunate miscommunication occurred between our Bon Voyage department and call centers which led to the dissemination of incorrect information to our reservations agents. To clarify, we have not ceased alcohol sales, either pre-cruise or during the sailing, through Bon Voyage and apologize for any misunderstanding or confusion.

Thank you!

Well, Mischelle, if you read this, note that for many people, the issue isn't even just having the option of a pre- or post- dinner drink on the balcony, it is the CONTROL that carnival is trying to exert on its adult passengers.

I don't go on vacation to have big brother trying to control how I spend my time.

In fact, it is offensive.

EXACTLY! That's my main gripe. Carnival just seems to be doing too much dictating how you enjoy your vacation on their ships. To make sweeping changes like this is not the best way to keep people coming back! It really isn't and I always brag about Carnival to my friends. DW and I almost had this other couple cruise with us this time but they backed out on us. I don't know if I'd recommend Carnival anymore to others. It's not just about the convenience of having a drink in your room without having to make the trek from your room to the nearest bar (although that is reason in itself to peeve off many people), it's the fact that lately Carnival has been making a lot of changes.

One thing I've always done when I've gone to a new job is first, learn how the job is done by the company/agency that I'm coming to and then I SLOW incorporate my own way of doing things into the position. I think businesses have that responsibilities to their loyal customers.

Last post on May 20, 2010 at 11:30 AM by Mischelle

This post has 0 replies

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

4TEQMA2XMP48.png

rankTop75.gif

GenderFemale.gif

Posts 657 staffbadge.png

Mischelle Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 at 11:30 AM 5star-rating.png rated by 0 users

Good Afternoon,

An unfortunate miscommunication occurred between our Bon Voyage department and call centers which led to the dissemination of incorrect information to our reservations agents. To clarify, we have not ceased alcohol sales, either pre-cruise or during the sailing, through Bon Voyage and apologize for any misunderstanding or confusion.

Thank you!

She is correct. They only stopped selling liquor. They still offer wine and beer. Confusing.

Mischelle Posted: Thu May 20, 2010 at 11:30 AM rated by 0 users

Good Afternoon,

Thank you!

Carnival Cruise Lines commented on your wall post:

After posting onCarnivals facebook page~~~~~~~

"An unfortunate miscommunication occurred between our Bon Voyage department and

call centers which led to the dissemination of incorrect information to our

reservations agents. To clarify, we have not ceased alcohol sales, either

pre-cruise or during the sailing, through Bon Voyage and apologize for any

misunderstanding or confusion."

Reply to this email to comment on this post.

To see the comment thread, follow the link below:

http://www.facebook.com/n/?Carnival&v=wall&story_fbid=392442329583&mid=25f5491G2b847240G5abb5e9G36&n_m=litewait%40aol.com

Thanks,

The Facebook Team

thanks, mach. they better let their call centers know. i JUST got off the phone with Carnival and was told it had sales have ceased. i'll give it a day or so for them to get the memo...:rolleyes:

Archived