Awesome Pianist Hyperion Knight

BBsails

We were privileged to hear pianist Hyperion Knight on our recent Constellation TA. He presented several well-attended concerts, some hastily arranged, as he stayed on the ship longer than planned because he was unable to make flight arrangements due to the volcanic ash situation. He could be heard down through the open elevator configuration as well when he was practicing in the conservatory. His mix of classical and contemporary music was beautifully and creatively played. In addition, he provided commentary on some of his selections, proving to be a good teacher.

We attended each concert and wished we had had more opportunities to hear him play. We applaud Celebrity for signing him on and hope to hear him on future cruises. Don't miss him if he's on your ship. Bravissimo, Hyperion!

PS: No, I'm not related to him :-)

We were privileged to hear pianist Hyperion Knight on our recent Constellation TA. He presented several well-attended concerts, some hastily arranged, as he stayed on the ship longer than planned because he was unable to make flight arrangements due to the volcanic ash situation. He could be heard down through the open elevator configuration as well when he was practicing in the conservatory. His mix of classical and contemporary music was beautifully and creatively played. In addition, he provided commentary on some of his selections, proving to be a good teacher.

We attended each concert and wished we had had more opportunities to hear him play. We applaud Celebrity for signing him on and hope to hear him on future cruises. Don't miss him if he's on your ship. Bravissimo, Hyperion!

PS: No, I'm not related to him :-)

Are you sure? He's from the San Francisco area. We sailed Infinity three years ago and enjoyed his shows.

Below, you will find a picture that I took of Hyperion and a couple of friends.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

100_0250.jpg.b032c27935c58306f9f7e2710c00b0c7.jpg

LOL, Bob. He announced that he grew up in the Peoples' Republic of Berkeley and that his parents still live there. We don't live in Berkeley. I wonder if he ever performs in the Bay Area?

In 2008 on the Summit in the Med we had the joy of hearing him play two concerts - FABULOUS!!! My DH enjoys classical music but its far from my favorite - until I heard Hyperion play! He was a complete delight! It'd be a real treat if he was on the Connie for the Baltic Cruises!!!!

If you're ever on a cruise where he plays - don't miss him!!!!

We had the pleasure of having a private performance in the Michael club on one of our cruises with him. He is one pianist I could listen to forever. Yes he grew up in Ca and lives in NY now with his beautiful children and wife.

We tried to get him to perform on our upcoming wine cruise in Sept although he was already booked:(

Pam

Yes, he is GREAT! We were on the Connie TA and went to everything he did. Walked into Michael's Club one day to find him practicing and talking to friends. Also sat and listened in the conservatory. I totally agree about making classical music accessible. Really like his Gershwin. Bought the Gershwin CD....the last one.

Bobbie

Are you sure? He's from the San Francisco area. We sailed Infinity three years ago and enjoyed his shows.

Below, you will find a picture that I took of Hyperion and a couple of friends.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

Hype is a wonderful talent. We sailed with him on the Constellation in 2008. The woman on the left was part of our CC group and a friend of Hype's; once Hype boarded, he joined us as well. Hype gave our group a private concert ... and no, he didn't touch any of Perry Grant's things while we were in Michael's.:D

What is it with Celebrity and pianists?

We've been exposed to three splendid performers on this line: Hyperion Knight, Eliot Finkel and (as he would say, "I'm becoming 'moist' just thinking about it"), Mr. Grant.

When we first heard Hyperion on the Connie TA a month ago, it was his second concert of the day, the first being for the second sitting people. I couldn't understand why he was not offering CD's at the end of the concert and later found out that he had sold all that he had to the second sitting people, none left for us. Anyway, he took peoples' names and payment at a later concert and I purchased 2 of his Chopin CD's. Imagine my delight today when we went to our PO box in Washington to find not 2 CD's but 4!!! He wrote that the Chopin ones are now out of print, so he sent two copies instead and gave me the Gershwin one as well as a recording of his popular pieces. Now we have him here in the room with us!

We've been exposed to three splendid performers on this line: Hyperion Knight, Eliot Finkel and (as he would say, "I'm becoming 'moist' just thinking about it"), Mr. Grant.

And, you can not forget Brooks Aehron...

another magnificient pianist. I hope you have

seen him... ;)

I have heard both Hyperion Knight and Perry Grant on several occasions - Hyperion Knight is a pianist with true talent, Perry Grant is an entertainer that plays the piano. They do not fall into the same category in my opinion. But to each his own. I prefer Hyperion any day!:)

On our Ta they had several afternoon concerts in the Solstice Theater, and Hyperion did a great show where he talked about different themes in several concertos as he played them, then he would present the piece in its entirety. I reminding me a bit of college music appreciation, but in a good way.

He is also a really nice guy. I was in the Quasar waiting for the Staring You awards to start, wearing a sleeveless dress and a bit chilled. My husband and children were in the theater waiting for me to perform, and Hyperion gave me his coat. His Mama raised him right!!!:)

I looked on line for a 2010 schedule but could only find up to July 2009.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived