Got a call from Carnival today that made me laugh

We're due to cruise next month and I rec'd a voice mail from Carnival asking me to call them, I thought I may actually be getting my first upsell call but no such luck. I called back and the rep said she noticed I hadn't purchased insurance for our trip and before I could speak she said Ms F the average air evacuation from a ship cost $25,000 per person and that statistics show that passengers 30 and under are most likely to be the ones needing to be medically evacuated and Ms. F that includes everyone in your party of 6 except for you so if I could get you to sign up for the insurance I know I would feel much better :rolleyes: I just laughed and told her we purchased insurance on our own and she said oh ok have a nice cruise Ms F, this is our 7th cruise and the first time they have called me for anything.

We're due to cruise next month and I rec'd a voice mail from Carnival asking me to call them, I thought I may actually be getting my first upsell call but no such luck. I called back and the rep said she noticed I hadn't purchased insurance for our trip and before I could speak she said Ms F the average air evacuation from a ship cost $25,000 per person and that statistics show that passengers 30 and under are most likely to be the ones needing to be medically evacuated and Ms. F that includes everyone in your party of 6 except for you so if I could get you to sign up for the insurance I know I would feel much better :rolleyes: I just laughed and told her we purchased insurance on our own and she said oh ok have a nice cruise Ms F, this is our 7th cruise and the first time they have called me for anything.

Did you ask her if your odds improved if you don't bring a curling iron and don't buy a bottle of Jack from Bon Voyage priro to sailing:confused:

If you get lucky you will get the recording ...to wait to go to the port and not show up in the morning .... of course by the time they make this call, Iv already arrived at the port and not home for the call.

Our friends just went on their first cruise and they got that call and took it so seriously until we told them it was ok to go early. It reminded me of my 1st cruise when I did everything by the book including attending every single talk they did, lol. I can laugh now realizing how much time we wasted sitting and listening to boring talks when we could have caught it all on the in room tv :)

Archived