What's the newest on dining reservations?

mare s.

On our roll call, it appears one person was able to make advance dining reservations at one of the specialty restaurants but another was told that it was not possible to make reservations in advance (both Captain's Club). Does anyone know what the latest info is on this?

I called twice and both times I was told they are no longer taking reservations

If that is really true, it is a shame.

Their main competitor, Oceania, allows you to make reservations online so many days in advance and for so many nights (depending on your cabin) - but you can make at least 2 reservations online.

If A truly wants to compete, they should not only equal but strive to better their competition, IMO.

Dear StipMom

here's how I did it and the person I spoke with

Good Luck

icon6.gif

Thank you for your recent call to the Captain's Club. It is always a

pleasure to hear from our most loyal guests.

Your request for a reservation at the Journey's Prime C Restaurant has been confirmed. Listed below is your confirmation information:

Date for Dining: July 13, 2010

Time for Dining: 7:30 p.m.

Total Number of Guests in Dining Party: three

Note: The maximum table size is six guests per table. Specialty Restaurants are complimentary for all Suite Guests during the entire duration of the voyage. For non-suite guests there is at $15 per person per night service fee. Also, the minimum age to dine in the specialty restaurants is twelve

(12). Guests will chose from one of the menus offered and the appropriate

fee as noted below will be charged onboard at the time of dining. Proper

dining attire is required. The Dining experience onboard can take up to

three hours, depending on the menu you select. Additional Specialty

Restaurant reservations may be booked once onboard and reservations are on a first come, first serve basis.

Aqualina - 3 Menu Options

Standard menu (four courses) - Complimentary

"Tastings" menu (six courses) - Complimentary

"Tastings" menu (six courses plus seven glasses of wine) - $50.00 plus a

18% service charge

Prime C

Standard menu - Complimentary

Kobe Beef Surcharge - $8.00 (charge applies even to complimentary night

of specialty dining)

Additional Important Information:

All pricing above is per person.

For Aqualina, in order to partake in the "Tastings" menu, all

individuals at the table will have to order the "Tastings" menu.

There is a recommended $5 per person gratuity, for each evening of

dining, for service personnel in these venues.

Sincerely,

Jessica Scaglione

Azamara and Celebrity Cruises Captain's Club

ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS? COMMENTS?

Call: 1-800-760-0654, 9 AM-11 PM EST, Monday-Friday; 10 AM-8 PM EST

Saturday-Sunday

(Outside the United States or Canada: +1-316-554-5961)

Write us: Captain's Club

P.O. Box 026052

Miami, FL 33102-6052

<I called twice and both times I was told they are no longer taking reservations>

This is true -- the policy has been changed and Azamara no longer takes advance dinner reservations. I called three different times, and was told the same thing each time. However, our friends had made reservations at Aqualina just a week earlier (for the same cruise). The Azamara agent kept insisting I was wrong. Armed with their reservation number and the email confirmation, I proved to her that this was true. She really wasn't very happy, so finally gave in and gave us a reservation to join our friends. Making an advance dinner reservation was one of the Captains Club perks we enjoyed. Now that it's "Le Club Voyage", where are the perks? Oh well, it's going to be a great cruise, anyway! :)

This is upsetting...apparently Azamara changed its policy quite abruptly without notice...so some people on the sailing were able to make the reservation and others not. Does anyone know how difficult it is to make a reservation for the first night? It's our anniversary and we wanted to have a special dinner to celebrate. I guess we'll get on board and rush to make the reservation before we do anything else! (But I'm still going to try to call and see if I can persuade someone to make the reservation in advance.)

This is upsetting...apparently Azamara changed its policy quite abruptly without notice...so some people on the sailing were able to make the reservation and others not. Does anyone know how difficult it is to make a reservation for the first night? It's our anniversary and we wanted to have a special dinner to celebrate. I guess we'll get on board and rush to make the reservation before we do anything else! (But I'm still going to try to call and see if I can persuade someone to make the reservation in advance.)

Your travel agent should be able to get this done for you very easily.

They won't take reservations from travel agents either. I was initially told I had to wait until 60 days out to call and make reservations. So I waited, and called back only to be told "We quit doing that April 1st" (which was 60 days out???) I don't know what window the folks that that reservations called in, but I have tried several times since then hoping to get a different rep. that will book us and each time told no. When I asked why I was bascially told they just don't have time to bother with it, and that I could call back as they may open it back up if they get more organized. Oh well........

"If they get more organized" ???? What kind of answer is that? Actually, I went to the web site and found where it says that reservations are taken starting 60 days in advance for Captains Club (Le Club) members. I guess they can't get "organized" enough to update the website either.

I'm still going to try and ask my T.A. to try too. Nothing to lose.

Just an update...my travel agent got nowhere too! She was told that Azamara changed its policy and is no longer taking any advance dining reservations. But she was also told that they "might change their policy back again" so she told me to check with her in about a month (our cruise is a bit over two months' out) and she'll try again.

I'm happy for the people who made their reservations before the policy changed (and I certainly hope Azamara honors those reservations) but it is a bit unfair to the rest of us and I think the maitre'd isn't going to be very happy when there's a rush the first day to make reservations.

Mare s:

It's unfortunate that their policy has changed, and that they are handling the "reservations/no reservation/maybe-reservations" policy the way they are.

You mentioned phoning directly, and that your TA has contacted them, but if you haven't already done so, it might be worth sending an email via the link on their website under Le Club Voyage, and ask them if they change the policy, to please set aside a reservation for you and to let you know. I would be specific about restaurant and time and stress that it is your anniversary. Who knows...it might just reach someone with a sympathetic ear who can accommodate your request.

Good luck with this ... dining in Aqualina on our first night was a very nice way to start our cruise, and I hope you get to do the same.:)

Mare s:

It's unfortunate that their policy has changed, and that they are handling the "reservations/no reservation/maybe-reservations" policy the way they are.

You mentioned phoning directly, and that your TA has contacted them, but if you haven't already done so, it might be worth sending an email via the link on their website under Le Club Voyage, and ask them if they change the policy, to please set aside a reservation for you and to let you know. I would be specific about restaurant and time and stress that it is your anniversary. Who knows...it might just reach someone with a sympathetic ear who can accommodate your request.

Good luck with this ... dining in Aqualina on our first night was a very nice way to start our cruise, and I hope you get to do the same.:)

I agree with Susan that I would get this in writing.

On the other hand, we never had a problem with getting a reservation.

Just an update...my travel agent got nowhere too! She was told that Azamara changed its policy and is no longer taking any advance dining reservations. But she was also told that they "might change their policy back again" so she told me to check with her in about a month (our cruise is a bit over two months' out) and she'll try again.

Just when I thought Azamara couldn't possibly find anything else to screw up with this rebranding, here it is.

I had suggested you have your travel agent make the reservation because it is a special occasion and travel agents are so good at these things. Guess I was wrong.:(

We've been on six Azamara cruises. There's always someone around the check-in area taking dinner reservations for the first night. I'd suggest that you find this person and explain that it's your anniversary and you'd like a reservation. If you can't find this person, just ask someone who is taking reservations. If you're told they don't know, ask someone else. If that fails, head up to the restaurants as soon as you board and explain. There is ALWAYS room for 2 more.

Happy anniversary.:)

I'll start with the facts - I am a Captain's Club member - called Az 60 days out, made a reservation, did not receive email, called again and made another reservation, received email. Arrived at the boat and was asked "would I like to eat in Prime C this evening" (day of arrival) I responded that yes, and I had already made a reservation. After going thru security at another desk, was asked again but here is no record of my reservation but one was available. So the sory ends with a lovely dinner in Prime C on embarcation day.

Now obviously this did not go smoothly but IMO it is in the "don't sweat the small stuff" category of life bumps and my tremendous enjoyment of this cruise and high regard for Az. was not effected. My guess is once you board, Az staff will make every effort to arrange a special evening for your celebration. I did really like the speciality restaurants and would rate them an A but the main dining room was usually very good as well.

Suec12...you're absolutely right. This is very minor stuff...just an annoyance. My TA has notified Azamara that we're celebrating an anniversary and I'm confident that we'll enjoy ourselves no matter what dining venue we end up in. (But I'm still gonna try to get in to Prime C)

(But I'm still gonna try to get in to Prime C)

I think you will be successful because most people probably wait until they are on board to learn about and book optional dining venues. Your chances should be even greater if you board early and get your request in right away.

Good luck.:)

Just because I like to talk food I'll tell you my favorites for Prime C - I loved their onion soup, the popcorm shrimp and sauces were very tastey, (crap cake was not the style that we like), and I had the lamb that was excellent. Can't name a dessert - we tried 3 different ones but I'm afraid that by the time they arrived the late hour and re-filled wine glasses had taken their toll. Excellent meal.

On our last Quest cruise I was amazed how few people knew about CC and read enough to know the ropes. It was our first cruise, but I knew enough to head up to Aqualina right away to make reservations for there and Prime C. You keep trying by other means, but otherwise you know what to do.

Oh yum yum yum!!!! Onion soup and popcorn shrimp! We've had some really amazing meals on our cruises (and very few duds...the desserts on Celebrity Constellation were pretty awful...although the rest of the food on that cruise was outstanding) and from what I've read, Prime C and Aquilina are very good...planning to try both of them! I love cruisecritic...I've learned so much from reading others' experiences..and I can cruise vicariously. For me, planning the cruise is almost as much fun as actually going on the cruise. (Plus I've met some wonderful people on roll-calls and we still remain in contact after the cruise is over)

mare

Archived