Thank You For Not Sailing Carnival!

gargoyle999

Just wanted to say "Thank You!" to everyone who will no longer sail on Carnival due to banned fans, power strips, et al. and BV no longer selling you your booze.

I'm hoping it results in lower prices and smaller lines at the Lido buffet for the 4 Carnival cruises I currently have booked that I plan to enjoy immensely! :p

Just wanted to say "Thank You!" to everyone who will no longer sail on Carnival due to banned fans, power strips, et al. and BV no longer selling you your booze.

I'm hoping it results in lower prices and smaller lines at the Lido buffet for the 4 Carnival cruises I currently have booked that I plan to enjoy immensely! ;)

Ummmm....bad news....according to the other thread, those folks will still be sailing with you the BV is still selling bottles for cabin use ;) .

Actually, I see a flood of RCCL loyals coming over since they changed their pricing policies so that you can only get price drops in the first 48 hours of booking and no more after that. I just found this out and wonder why I was such a fool to book a cruise in January.:mad:

Now I know why I like Carnival best.

Actually, I see a flood of RCCL loyals coming over since they changed their pricing policies so that you can only get price drops in the first 48 hours of booking and no more after that. I just found this out and wonder why I was such a fool to book a cruise in January.:mad:

You don't think the "miscommunicators" over here at CCL would follow their lead, do you?? I hope not!! Very happy that I bought insurance, though.

Unless you book Early Saver, I think the same thing applies to Carnival bookings. After 48 hrs (maybe 72?), no price adjustment -- only cabin upgrades.

You don't think the "miscommunicators" over here at CCL would follow their lead, do you?? I hope not!! Very happy that I bought insurance, though.

No I don't think so. The ES program is working out pretty good.

The RCCL people are complaining that a former CCL employee who now works at RCCL is to blame.

I'm hoping it results in lower prices and smaller lines at the Lido buffet for the 4 Carnival cruises I currently have booked that I plan to enjoy immensely! :p

I think I will buy an extra bottle and be on one of those 4 cruises!

:D

Unless you book Early Saver, I think the same thing applies to Carnival bookings. After 48 hrs (maybe 72?), no price adjustment -- only cabin upgrades.

Not correct.. We originally didn't have ES and as the priced dropped, we called and they took it off of what we owed towards the cruise up until final payment. ;)

From what I have read, you only have 48 hours to get price drops if you book within the penalty period. The change shouldn't affect you.

An unfortunate miscommunication occurred between our Bon Voyage department and call centers which led to the dissemination of incorrect information to our reservations agents. To clarify, we have not ceased alcohol sales, either pre-cruise or during the sailing, through Bon Voyage and apologize for any misunderstanding or confusion.

This turned out not to be true. The new policy was poorly worded, and made it sound like RCCL will not honor price drops after the first 48 hours after booking. Cruise Critic got to the bottom of it, and found out that you can still get price drops until final payment. The only difference is that they will not honor price drops after that date. Here's the excerpt from that news story:

Q: What if I book prior to the penalty period and the price drops after 48 hours?

A: You actually have several options. If you book before final payment and the price drops on your itinerary, cabin category and sail date, you can request a fare adjustment or an upgrade if applicable, and the line will accommodate you. If you see a price drop on a different cabin category or sailing and you'd like to take advantage of that offer, you can cancel without penalty and rebook at the lower fare.

Once final payment is made, you are locked into the rate you paid and have no more opportunities to receive a price differential in onboard credit. However, as mentioned above, if the price drops such that a higher-category cabin now costs the same as what you paid, you can request an upgrade, if a cabin is available.

While you might get shorter lines at the buffet, I'm pretty sure your fare would increase. ;)

Archived