chilkoot tours in Skagway

Luci lu

Hi everyone! We will be on the Sea Princess arriving in Skagway on June 6th. We are considering the Chilkoot Tours Carcross Rail and Bus tour. Is anyone familiar with this company and tour? This will probably be our only cruise to Alaska so I want to do it right!

Hi everyone! We will be on the Sea Princess arriving in Skagway on June 6th. We are considering the Chilkoot Tours Carcross Rail and Bus tour. Is anyone familiar with this company and tour? This will probably be our only cruise to Alaska so I want to do it right!

Hi Luci, We did this excursion with Chilkoot two years ago and we are going to do it again this July. I think that it is a 7.5 hour tour with the train ride up and the bus down. It also includes lunch and a trip to Emerald Lake and the Yukon. We booked with Frontier Excursions but I think that they work with Chilkoot Tours. We leave at 7:30am which will leave us time to walk around Skagway when we return. You will love it.

Chilkoot Charters is highly recommended on this board. If you do a search for "chilkoot", you'll see lots of positive reviews. We have booked them for our cruise in July but we booked the Yukon Rail & Bus Tour.

Hi

I used Chilkoot Charters last September and again last week for the 6 hr. bus only. I had done the train before. I think the best to see everything would be the 7 1/2 hrs with the bus up and train back. You still should have some time to walk around Skagway afterwards.

We are doing the 3 1/2 hour verison June 2nd! It either is up on train back on bus, or up on bus, back on train. This version goes to Fraser and comes back. They had sold out of a couple times, but got more space allocated. I thought this would allow me to see a lot, but not be too long.

Hi

I used Chilkoot Charters last September and again last week for the 6 hr. bus only. I had done the train before. I think the best to see everything would be the 7 1/2 hrs with the bus up and train back. You still should have some time to walk around Skagway afterwards.

We have done the train with Princess. How was the bus only trip? Was there much of a difference doing only the bus? Do you stop for lunch somewhere?

I'm having trouble finding the prices through Chilkoot--maybe it's just me, but I can't find them anywhere. We're trying to decide which one to take (daughter wants to do the short one so we have time to do stuff in Skagway, husband wants to do 7 hour one with Husky puppies). Anyone have any recommendations on which one is better, and where I can find prices? We're going the end of June on the Radiance. Thanks for any insight!

For prices you'll have to e-mail or call them. The 6 hrs. bus only with lunch at Carcross is $98.00. With the dogs, it's an additional $30.00. I've done this twice and will do it again in September. Lots of stops for pix, small busses. I highly recommend them.

For prices you'll have to e-mail or call them. The 6 hrs. bus only with lunch at Carcross is $98.00. With the dogs, it's an additional $30.00. I've done this twice and will do it again in September. Lots of stops for pix, small busses. I highly recommend them.

Do you have their website?

Hi-

We've also booked with Chilkoot Tours for July 5. Hubby is taking the 7-1/2 hour bus & rail tour to the Yuykon -- and I'm taking the 3-1/2 hour bus & rail to the Yukon. Surprise ... we won't be on the same vehicles at the same time!

We called their toll-free number twice. First time to get info. Second time to book our tours. Both times spoke to informative, friendly people who answered all our questions. Here's their direct line:

1-877-983-3400

Bear in mind there's a 4 to 5 hour time difference (call after lunch and before your dinnertime & you'll reach them!)

Hope this is helpful to you.

Liz

Hi Luci, We did this excursion with Chilkoot two years ago and we are going to do it again this July. I think that it is a 7.5 hour tour with the train ride up and the bus down. It also includes lunch and a trip to Emerald Lake and the Yukon. We booked with Frontier Excursions but I think that they work with Chilkoot Tours. We leave at 7:30am which will leave us time to walk around Skagway when we return. You will love it.

Chilkoot Charters & Tours and Frontier Excurisions are two completely separate companies. Chilkoot Charters & Tours is contracted with White Pass & Yukon Route Railroad to pre-book and reserve train seats for rail and bus combination excursions.

Stacym

We went with them last Sept.Great trip.We took the small bus up and the train back.When you stop for lunch you can still see the dogs and hold the puppies.The extra money is if you want to take a wheeled cart dog sled ride.The scenery is fantastic both ways.Highly recommend this trip.

Archived