What to wear in Steam room/Sauna

TnMama

On Princess the saunas are not co-ed. It's typically a 50/50 mix with men being either naked or with a swimsuit/towel.

It's known in the cruise world that 4pm in the sauna is the time to cruise or hook up so you will typically see a number of naked men checking each other, however, other times of the day you usually see the 50/50 mix.

HAL is a lot like Princess but it's a much old crowd. Celebrity usually has a co-ed sauna so most people wear a bathing suit.

It's known in the cruise world that 4pm in the sauna is the time to cruise or hook up so you will typically see a number of naked men checking each other, however, other times of the day you usually see the 50/50 mix.

Really ... this is well known? I often head to the sauna late afternoon, before dinner, and have yet to encounter men "checking each other out". It's generally a bunch of middle aged women (like myself) taking a break while our husbands have their afternoon nap in the cabin.

Good grief.

Really ... this is well known? I often head to the sauna late afternoon, before dinner, and have yet to encounter men "checking each other out". It's generally a bunch of middle aged women (like myself) taking a break while our husbands have their afternoon nap in the cabin.

Good grief.

Ummm... I doubt you are in the men's sauna if you are a woman?:rolleyes:

On Princess the saunas are not co-ed. It's typically a 50/50 mix with men being either naked or with a swimsuit/towel.

HAL is a lot like Princess but it's a much old crowd. Celebrity usually has a co-ed sauna so most people wear a bathing suit.

Apparently I missed that bulletin. I shall alert DH that we are to "hook up" with one another at 4pm...He may send you a thank you card.:D

Ive used the saunia on every cruise ive been on. They are NOT CO ED. Each seperate lockerroom has there own set of saunia and steam room. As far as "cruising" goes, If there is more then 2 guys in there, usually nobody will attemt to "cruise" or "hook up" with anybody since nobody knows who is straight or gay and us guys dont want to take a chance of a conflict. Usually certain "body language" is done to determine that interest. Ive seen it in person.

I normally just wear a towel, plus im proud of my body and not ashamed of it. I go to gym regularly.

I live in Germany and at my gym you are not allowed to wear anything in the sauna! One sauna is mixed, the other is women only. HA no men only sauna.

And when I used to live in NY, my first time I went in the sauna I went in with just a towel, and all the women backed away from me like I was some sort of pervert. They wore even their gym shoes in the sauna... gross.

I think a towel is fine, and I can't wait to try that conditioner thing on my cruise next month!

Love the hair conditioner idea! Now, about that facial, are there any recommendations for home facial products I could try in the sauna? (Oh, and this middle-aged, not-so-toned-anymore body will be sitting on a towel, MAYBE with another towel across the nether regions!)

I'm loving the deep conditioning and facial idea as well!

Anyone know of an at home facial that's good for sensitive skin or minor breakouts? After being on the pill for 10 years I went off it 2 months ago as my husband and I are trying to start a family and I've started to notice a few pimples here and there (nothing gross just 1 or 2 here and there as my cycle regulates as opposed to perfectly clear which is what I used to have). I don't want to use anything that will cause a huge breakout. I also have very sensitive skin and don't want to get a rash so I generally stay away from facials but I've been curious

And I will be wearing a towel in the steam room. I used to go in my sports bra and shorts from the gym but don't want to be stuck with nasty sopping wet gym clothes in my suitcase all week! :eek: My philosophy is "when in Rome....." whatever everyone else does, that's what I do. That means bathing suits, naked, towels, crazy hats...:p

• 11 months later...

I always go with a towel. I can be modest in a towel if I am not comfy with the others in there, or take it off if alone. I find the bathing suit doesnt quite offer that flexibility. Plus I pay a lot for my bathing suits so I dont want to add the heat to them that speeds up the deterioration of the material.

Archived