Sail7Seas

I'll be on the Maasdam in August with my sister and family so I would love her review. I hope she's ok. Does anyone know? She usually posts so much and always tells us so much about her cruises and she's been home now for a week it sounds like.

Does anyone know the whereabouts of Sail7Seas? She is usually a regular poster on CC but I haven't seen her here for awhile!:)

Yes, she is on a cruise. I miss reading her informative and helpful posts!:)

Actually, I believe that she finished the cruise more than a week ago --- I believe that her cruise departed April 30, and she normally cruises for no more than 10 days because her husband can't be away from work for an extended period.

I expected her to be back posting last week --- I hope everything is all-right! :)

Thank you for your concern.

I greatly appreciate it. We had a fabulous time on the beautiful Maasdam, as always, and I'll post about it soon. I've been otherwise occupied.

Anyone who reads HAL CC knows I am well able to speak up for myself.......... :D Mariner is a friend with whom I had spoken earlier this evening so he knows I am home and well.

Thank you for your concern.

I greatly appreciate it. We had a fabulous time on the beautiful Maasdam, as always, and I'll post about it soon. I've been otherwise occupied.

Anyone who reads HAL CC knows I am well able to speak up for myself.......... :D Mariner is a friend with whom I had spoken earlier this evening so he knows I am home and well.

Welcome back... :)

Cruisin'girl,

Welcome to Cruise Critic. You don't have to have thousands of posts to express your sincere thoughts for the well-being of another poster.

Don't let the snark turn you off to the board. You are undeserving of it ... and it is unbecoming for a poster to deliver it.

Sad that this community does not always value people's true concerns for another.

Cruisin'girl.......

I thank you for your concern and kindness. Your well wishes are appreciated as are all kindnesses ever extended here by all who express kind thoughts. I just disregard unpleasant comments.

Thank you Geriatric Nurse et al for inquiring about me and Maxout for your nice Welcome Back.

Let's leave it at that, please.

Thanks for the humor, Copper10-8. You crack me up. I like your sense of humor.

Personally, I am glad you are back, Sail. Truly, the HAL board wasn't the same without you. I look forward to reading your posts.:)

What a great compliment to you to know that you were missed by your CC friends.

Bobbie

I didn't have the benefit, evidently, of reading all the posts. However, I can't understand how there could be any misunderstanding about a simple concern for a CC member who is known to post regularly ... particularly when anyone who has been here for any length of time knows that Sail7Seas has had health issues in the past.

Like any community, we worry when one of us seems to be missing for longer than expected. I don't think anything should be read into that other than concern for one our most prolific posters. Truthfully, I'm surprised someone didn't start a similar thread earlier in the week.

While I don't follow CC nearly as much as I once did, Sail's absence was noticeable and despite our differences, I was concerned for her health. Needless to say, I'm relieved to learn all is well.

First let me say Welcome Back Sail :)

I see things have not changed much on the HAL board even though I obviously missed some posts :rolleyes: :D

Heather, too bad you are not sailing just a few weeks earlier or I was not sailing a few weeks later :D We will be boarding the Solstice September 12th.

Heather, too bad you are not sailing just a few weeks earlier or I was not sailing a few weeks later :D We will be boarding the Solstice September 12th.

Lisa, I saw that on Facebook!!!! Can't wait to hear what you think of the Solstice! Supposed to be an amazing ship. We're on the Resort Deck, CC class ... cabin #2109. Check it out for me!:)

Welcome Home sail7seas.

Somehow I missed this thread -- really wasn't on much yesterday and not much this morning.

I had just assumed that you stayed on for the next cruise -- Ft Lauderdale and up the coast.

I know that we have had our differences but you should not have come home to read nasty posts -- glad I missed them.

Welcome Home sail7seas.

Somehow I missed this thread -- really wasn't on much yesterday and not much this morning.

I had just assumed that you stayed on for the next cruise -- Ft Lauderdale and up the coast.

I know that we have had our differences but you should not have come home to read nasty posts -- glad I missed them.

Thank you, KK, and everyone who expressed a lovely message........

We would have loved to sail up the coast to Montreal but we were away 17 days as it was and DH could not possibly be out of his office longer. We stayed one day post cruise to see our FLL friends and flew home the next day.

It was painful to stand on our Hyatt Pier 66 veranda and see Maasdam sail away without us.

Captain held the ship parallel to shore for a few minutes as they were leaving and we had the prettiest view of the beautiful Maasdam as she headed toward the channel. Noordam was also in Port Everglades and they had a wonderful exchange of toots and horns as they left. It was also a huge treat to see our amazing Noordam in port together with Maasdam.

well, apparently i missed all the "stuff" too... And i'm glad about that.

I was also concerned that sail had not posted since her return, so am now relieved.

Welcome home, sail7seas!

ditto

Lisa, I saw that on Facebook!!!! Can't wait to hear what you think of the Solstice! Supposed to be an amazing ship. We're on the Resort Deck, CC class ... cabin #2109. Check it out for me!:)

Heather, We are just two decks below on Sky Deck also in Concierge Class in #1124 I am sure our cabin will be the same :)

I plan on posting one of my LIVE from threads while on the Solstice.

Lisa,

We were in port twice this winter with Soltisce immediately beside us and she looks like a gorgeous ship. We spoke with a lot of guests as they disembarked in port and they were loving their cruise.

Lisa,

We were in port twice this winter with Soltisce immediately beside us and she looks like a gorgeous ship. We spoke with a lot of guests as they disembarked in port and they were loving their cruise.

Thanks Sail :) Yes we saw her in San Juan when we were on the Eurodam and I think this class of ship for Celebrity is absolutely beauitful. I have seen so many pictures of the inside that we are really looking forward to actually sailing on her to do a comparison since for as long as I can remember everyone has always compared HAL to Celebrity so I guess it is time for me to see for myself;) Of course I cannot wait to go on the Nieuw Amsterdam cruise in marhc for the Yum Yum Man 3 cruise I love the Signature class ships :cool:

We're probably sailing Noordam in March or we would seriously consider the Nieuw Amsterdam March cruise. We have enjoyed four cruises on Eurodam so are sure to try Nieuw Amsterdam relatively soon. :)

Archived