Luv to Travel's Med Cruise Report, Part 1: Research, Preparation & Packing

Sunday, August 25, 2002 - Embarkation Day

It took about an hour to reach the podium, but we each took turns waiting in the line so the other could venture out to explore that deck (the shops are nearby, and although not open, you can window shop). Most of the people were there to try to change from the late seating to the earlier seating. We had late seating, which was 9:15pm and wanted to keep it that way.

Loved your review!!

I have a quick question. I thought the late seating was the most popular seating on this cruise. Do you know why so many people wanted early seating? Also, are there two early seatings?

Thanks!

Leah

Hi Leah,

I don't think there were two early seatings, just one early and one late. I'm not sure, but my guess would be people preferred the early seating so they could get to bed earlier since this was such a port-intensive cruise.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Luv to Travel, this is one of the best trip reports I have ever read!! It was great of you to share with us, Thank-you! I have copied lots of your tips (packing, touring, etc) and will be in Barcelona 10/13!!

thanks again,

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Luv To Travel:

This the most information anyone could want in a journal in researching a Med trip. I have printed it out in full (51 pages) and have read and reread it many times in preparing for our 12 day Med cruise next Sept. (Now turned into 20 days!)

Luv To Travel: Thank you for sending the .jpg's of the Hotel International Barcelona (New name since you were there). It was going to be a perfect hotel for us and I did book for three nights with a balcony. Although we will have to cancel it as we have booked the Brilliance for the previous 8 day cruise. 20 days cruising is better than 3 days in Barcelona, but we wil have one day between cruises and we have been to Barcelona before!

Thank you again

Snowbird

• 4 months later...

After reading Luv to Travel's great travelnotes, I congratulate her for such a helpful, meticulous work.

For more in-depth material on Rome (you might be as lucky to get a driver/guide like she had) may I suggest DK's Eyewitness Guide to Rome that I contributed to years ago and also take a look at the articles on my website ***** .

• 2 weeks later...

You have posted an exceptional travel report. I have learned so much from your post.

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide such extensive detail on each and every port you visited.

I am so looking forward to our trip (May 14th/06 Barcelona/Venice). I will be taking a copy of your experiences with me for reference material.

Thank you again.

looks like Luv to Travel has stopped posting, but oh boy, such a review! could be said "her Cruise Critic legacy" , yes? It's good to bring this review up to the top for others getting ready for European adventures! Cruising is great, but travels through Europe are fabulous! thanks, Lesley:)

Archived