Fascination In Jacksonville

APDMOM

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the lovely shots! A group from my fam will be sailing on the Fascination early in October to celebrate my parents' 60th wedding anniversary.:)

I have posted photo's of your departure on your roll call for October 7th...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1174905

Hope I captured you!

DSC_0104.jpg

Here are some new photos from yesterday's departure. It is taken from the beach this time with the ship entering the Atlantic. We had some awesome waves! :D

DSC_0113.jpg

Can you tell me what beach you were at when you got these pictures? We'd love to go out there one day and watch the ship depart. Thanks!

Awesome pics but look the ship looks like it not rocking at all with all those waves close to shore!

That's because I used the image stabilizer on my camera :D (I'm just kidding, of course)

APDMOM - We'll be on her this Saturday (the 16th) - hope you can snap some pics of me waving from our upper deck starboard aft balcony!!

Yeah' date=' yeah....me too! :D Well, on the ship, not an aft balcony...darn it![/quote']

I've got you down :) We'll be waving at you!

What great pics! Apdmom - you are one of the people who make CC great by doing something like this.:D It's neat to have a pic and be able to say, "I was onboard!"

Now if I can make it through the next 27 days at the office it will be my turn! November 8th sailing, here we come!!!:D

Can you tell me what beach you were at when you got these pictures? We'd love to go out there one day and watch the ship depart. Thanks!

Hi, Stacey779, For the beach with the waves, we drive north on Seminole road in Atlantic Beach and then east on 18th street. There is parking on the street and a public walkover to the beach.

However, we take most of the pictures at the St John's river, just west of the Ferry. To get there, drive east over the Wonderwood bridge. Turn left (north) at the first light after the bridge (A1A). About 0.75 miles down that road is a beach on the left. There are always people fishing.

Maybe we will see you there sometime. :)

Here are some new photos from yesterday's departure. It is taken from the beach this time with the ship entering the Atlantic. We had some awesome waves! :D

DSC_0188.jpg

I like the waves on this. Good exposure for only 1/20th too. I struggle to find a good enough balance of exposure but also a nice misty water scene as too long of a shutter overexposes everything but too short does not do much for the water. I assume too long would have also blurred the ship to much and HDR is out as.. well, it's moving ;)

Hi APDMOM - I don't remember which thread I already posted this to, but if you are in the neighborhood of the Fascination sailing out on the 21st of OCT - I will be up top waving to you... :D

Hubby has a gray beard and I am about 2 feet shorter than him, lol... j/k but there definitely is a height difference he has already told me that he will lift me up so I can see over the railing... !! :o

(thanks too, for posting all these great pictures of the Fascination - your photos have been my computers' wallpaper here and at work)

I have posted photo's of your departure on your roll call for October 7th...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1174905

Hope I captured you!

DSC_0104.jpg

Thank you! You did get my dad out on his balcony in one of the shots! He got back to the cabin after the life boat drill faster then the rest of us made it, so he was out there all alone but it is a good shot. Thanks so much! :)

Great pictures Thank You~I will be sailing 11/27 I think I read you will be taking pics then also, can't wait!

Yes, I do have quite a group of requests for that day. Maybe everyone on your roll call will end up starboard side of the ship for the picture moment... :D

Hi APDMOM - I don't remember which thread I already posted this to, but if you are in the neighborhood of the Fascination sailing out on the 21st of OCT - I will be up top waving to you... :D

I put you on the calendar :D Glad you are enjoying the pictures. I'm sure you are counting the days!

Hi, Stacey779, For the beach with the waves, we drive north on Seminole road in Atlantic Beach and then east on 18th street. There is parking on the street and a public walkover to the beach.

However, we take most of the pictures at the St John's river, just west of the Ferry. To get there, drive east over the Wonderwood bridge. Turn left (north) at the first light after the bridge (A1A). About 0.75 miles down that road is a beach on the left. There are always people fishing.

Maybe we will see you there sometime. :)

I know exactly where you're talking about. In fact, we just took the car ferry across the river for the first time last week on our way back from Fernandina. Thanks! :)

APDMOM-We are sailing on the Fascination in December(I know I have sent a request) but my question is, we are staying at the Holiday Inn on Blount Island, how do we get to this great beach that you take pictures from? Thought we would go out there the day before our cruise. Thanks, Marshhawk

APDMOM-We are sailing on the Fascination in December(I know I have sent a request) but my question is, we are staying at the Holiday Inn on Blount Island, how do we get to this great beach that you take pictures from? Thought we would go out there the day before our cruise. Thanks, Marshhawk

Will you have transportation? It is quite a drive from the hotel. The easiest would be to get mapquest directions to 18th street, Atlantic Beach, FL. That is a much nicer beach than the one on the river. The beach on the river is not really for swimming/laying out. The beach off 18th street is fairly quiet with regular beach sand. The waves are not always as awesome as they were on the pictures - this was when a hurricane passed quite a distance off shore, causing our beautiful waves. :D I hope this helps.

If you will be heading out to 18th street, be sure to enjoy downtown Neptune Beach. It is a quaint beach town with good dining and a great atmosphere at night. To get there, you just take Atlantic Blvd East and it runs into Neptune Beach.

Yes, we are driving, and meeting up with a couple that we met on our Legend roll call. We are both staying at the Holiday Inn and thought we would try to find a beach and a restaurant for Sunday afternoon. Thank you so much for helping me out on this.:)

APDMOM, We were on the Sep 3 sailing, but we were on a portside balcony, so you prob'ly didn't get any pics of us if you were out. I was wondering - there is a small parking area at the north end of that big suspension bridge that route 19 passes over. (Bonaparte bridge?) The only vehicles there as we passed were police and port authority vehicles. Does that area have public access? The next time we sail out of there, we might "hang out" after our return and get photos of the sailing after ours.

BTW - Nice pic's all around. Do you mind if I print a couple of them out for my wife's scrapbook of the cruise? No other use, I promise.

Edited by oldrailfan