Drinks packages on P&0?

Presto2

Having booked a Celebrity cruise for next year we seemed spend an age trying to discover how their drinks packages work. (Very confusing):confused:

Now we have, quite literally, just booked a cruise (out of the blue to avoid the ash!) on Oceana for this coming August and are now wondering how things work on P&O. Last year we were on the OV2 (please don't shoot us) and thought that the way they sold wine and water packages was really easy and worked very well.

Basically, we filled a form in from our cabin for the water and 6 bottles appeared within an hour and the same for a variety of wine packages. We were then allowed to drink the wine in the cabin or take it with us to a restaurant.

Do P&O operate this system ?

Any help appreciated - but please tell us it is easier than Celebrity !

:)

P&O do a wine package - every evening they have a "wine of the day". The package is six of these selected bottles.

I don't know how the system works as the list was too rigid so we didn't bother.

Any idea where we can find that info or do we have to wait until we are onboard?

Any idea where we can find that info or do we have to wait until we are onboard?

We've been on OV2, you don't need to apologise! OV2 was great and we thoroughly enjoyed it. We found the positive aspects of OV2 also on P&O; great buffets, wonderfully friendly staff and really reasonably priced drinks.

Drinks are pretty much the same price as OV. You can get carafes of wine etc. in the restaurant if you don't want a bottle. Bottles of wine start from about £10, and spirits from about £12 a bottle to drink in your cabin. There should be a room service menu with drinks list (including water - (£1.65 per bottle)) in your cabin. Just fill out the slip and they will get it all sorted for you.

We didn't think the wine packages were anything special and to be honest I just drank the house wine most of the time, and it was fine.

Have a great time :)

Drinks are pretty much the same price as OV. You can get carafes of wine etc. in the restaurant if you don't want a bottle. Bottles of wine start from about £10, and spirits from about £12 a bottle to drink in your cabin. There should be a room service menu with drinks list (including water - (£1.65 per bottle)) in your cabin. Just fill out the slip and they will get it all sorted for you.

We didn't think the wine packages were anything special and to be honest I just drank the house wine most of the time, and it was fine.

Have a great time :)

Thanks for that - just to check - does the water package work the same way as the OV2 ?

I think we will give the wine packages a miss if they were like OV2 as we didn't enjoy all of the wines we had ordered and the one we saved to enjoy on our last night was like vinegar!

Am only apologising re OV2 as I've noticed a little tension between some P&O and OV2 folk in the past ---- ;)

I think if you order for your cabin it is 6 bottles of water for the price of 5.

Great, sounds simple enough ! I wish someone from Celebrity would adopt this system as well !

:D

Archived