pop and water????

brockmom

are we allowed to bring pop and water back on the boat at each port???? I am going to find it really difficult to tell my daughters that they need to spend another 130 for the week so their water and pop are included....when we used to pay half of that for a pop card. I can see them paying for a can or two....but at almost 20 per day...that really seems a lot....

Am I missing something here????

thanks

Brockmom

are we allowed to bring pop and water back on the boat at each port???? I am going to find it really difficult to tell my daughters that they need to spend another 130 for the week so their water and pop are included....when we used to pay half of that for a pop card. I can see them paying for a can or two....but at almost 20 per day...that really seems a lot....

thanks

Brockmom

There is a soda fountain package which might be worth buying if they are drinking that much. I know when we we on Equinox in January while we were onshore we bought water and coke and brought it back on board with no problems.

If part of what you're asking is whether you can purchase sodas/water on the ship without purchasing the full package, the answer is yes. And yes, you can also bring it on from the ports.

thanks

Brockmom

It is my understanding you can bring bottled water and soda onboard at your embarkation point only - not at each port. But there is no limit on how much you can bring that day.

You do not have to purchase the beverage packages, buying individual drinks is still an option. However, once you look at the price for a bottle of water, plus 15% gratuity, you may decide a package is better suited for your needs. For our upcoming cruise, the Classic package is $104.65 which works out to about 6 - $2 drinks per day (the average price for the drinks under that package) so for me it is a no-brainer. I easily consume 6 bottles of water each day, not to mention other beverages included. (I am actually doing the premium non-alcoholic but that is primarily for the San Pelligrino!) But if you only drink a soda or two each day and don't mind the tap water, then buying your drinks a la carte might be your better option.

IMO that is the good thing about the new packages - you can buy them or not buy them and get what you want to fit your individual needs!

Hope you and your daughters enjoy your cruise!

In fact, children in the whole Midwest drinks pop. Soda is what their parents mix with Scotch.

I live in the Midwest and we call it soda I think anything east of Lake Michigan, not including Indiana, call it pop.

Do they still have the regular soda card? If they do, that one is $5.50 a day plus the 15% tip. It's a great deal for kids who drink a lot of pop/soda.

the regular pop card was perfect....this seems to be expensive ...so I will suggest they purchase their drinks individually....and buy in port for the room.

That is great to know you can do that!!!

thanks

Brockmom

I am a Canadian...and we call it pop....

eh????????? geesh!!!!!

the regular pop card was perfect....this seems to be expensive ...so I will suggest they purchase their drinks individually....and buy in port for the room.

That is great to know you can do that!!!

thanks

Brockmom

I am a Canadian...and we call it pop....

eh????????? geesh!!!!!

I have NEVER heard anyone in canada call it soda. Soda is either something you throw in your fridge to take the odours out or a clear sparkling beverage that you mix with your scotch or in some cases a slice of lime. I have heard people from the us call it pop as well but it comes out sounding like "pap".

I just checked and X still offers what we call "The Coke Card", at our house. That is good because DS and DH drink it by the gallon, and we are leaving in 2 weeks. BTW - most of the people we know in Ohio call it, "pop". When we lived in CA, everyone laughed at us if we called it "pop". In my experience, it was "Coke" in LA, no matter what kind of soda it was, and "soda" in NorCal. Very confusing!!:confused:

Ohiodoglover

Archived