Hello and assignment query

SRH

First off: Hello everyone. I'm new to CC and this is my first post. I apologize in advance for what is probably an annoyingly common and silly question.

I am going on my first cruise in June. I've had it booked since December and I noticed my room assignment showed up today. My confusion comes from the fact that I booked a BC Verandah suite, but my room number is showing an A class on the Navigation deck. That seems like a pretty substantial difference and no one contacted me about it.

Does this sound like a reasonable change or did someone hit a wrong button somewhere? I made final payment back in April, I believe.

First off: Hello everyone. I'm new to CC and this is my first post. I apologize in advance for what is probably an annoyingly common and silly question.

I am going on my first cruise in June. I've had it booked since December and I noticed my room assignment showed up today. My confusion comes from the fact that I booked a BC Verandah suite, but my room number is showing an A class on the Navigation deck. That seems like a pretty substantial difference and no one contacted me about it.

Does this sound like a reasonable change or did someone hit a wrong button somewhere? I made final payment back in April, I believe.

I'm assuming you are on an S class ship, such as the Maasdam, Ryndam, Statendam or Veendam. Which ship and cabin are you assigned?

It looks like you were upgraded to the highest category of verandah suite. Congratulations on a nice upgrade!

Thank you to my first repliers.

Sorry I omitted some details. You are correct; I am on the Veendam.

I am assigned to cabin 024. My Express Documents say Category A / Navigation deck.

It just seemed unlikely that they would give me such an upgrade and not charge me anything. Not that I'm complaining...

Thank you to my first repliers.

Sorry I omitted some details. You are correct; I am on the Veendam.

I am assigned to cabin 024. My Express Documents say Category A / Navigation deck.

It just seemed unlikely that they would give me such an upgrade and not charge me anything. Not that I'm complaining...

That seems odd, the deck plans I am looking at show cabin 024 on the Navigation deck of the Veendam being a Category S. Here is a deck plan for the Navigation deck: http://book.hollandamerica.com/pdfs/fleet/next/ve_n.pdf

Sorry, that was my mistake. I have no idea where 024 came from; it should be 072. It looks like it's the very last cabin on the port side, not on the stern.

Maybe that was me subconsciously wishing for another ridiculous upgrade. I think I'll keep my imagination/delusions in check and just be extremely grateful for the upgrade I got.

Sorry, that was my mistake. I have no idea where 024 came from; it should be 072. It looks like it's the very last cabin on the port side, not on the stern.

Maybe that was me subconsciously wishing for another ridiculous upgrade. I think I'll keep my imagination/delusions in check and just be extremely grateful for the upgrade I got.

Still a very nice upgrade. We are going on our first HAL cruise on Sunday after cruising several other lines and from everything I have read and heard about HAL, I am anticipating a wonderful experience.

Thanks very much for everyone's help. I certainly do appreciate the feedback and my highest praises go to the mystical upgrade fairy, who seems to like me for some reason.

I'm greatly looking forward to my first cruise; it's already off to a great start.

Nice upgrade, congrats!

Archived