Which formal night is "more formal?"

This is probably a silly question, but I'm just going through my packing list and I have two formal night dresses. One is a long "promish" style gown and one is a shorter cocktail dress. Just trying to decide which night people will be "fancier" so that I don't look too dressed up.

I was thinking maybe the second formal night was more formal since it was lobster??? Any suggestions?

I was just on the Oasis and the first (Captain's Dinner/Reception) night is the more formal and on this ship, it was fairly formal. Probably the most formal I have ever seen.

I may end end up being under-dressed then. I am just not gonna go crazy after spending the whole day at a private beach in Costa Maya. I'll be adequate, relaxed, and happy! :D

I'm wearing a silk top and black slacks. I plan on enjoying the cruise and not stressing about dressing up!:)

This is probably a silly question, but I'm just going through my packing list and I have two formal night dresses. One is a long "promish" style gown and one is a shorter cocktail dress. Just trying to decide which night people will be "fancier" so that I don't look too dressed up.

I was thinking maybe the second formal night was more formal since it was lobster??? Any suggestions?

Please keep in mind that the "lobster" is just one small tail with some shrimp on the Fisherman's Plate. You aren't going to get a full sized lobster or a large lobster tail as you would when you order lobster in a restaurant. ;)

Speaking of dinner, does anyone know what they do if the ship leaves at 9pm again this week and our dinner is at 8:30?

Yes; the dinner times will go on as planned so that both seatings may be accomodated. You can choose not to dine in the Main Dining Room on the first night but will have to eat somewhere else if this is the case. The Windjammer closes at 9:30 (I think) for the night.

Have fun.

I was just on the Oasis and the first (Captain's Dinner/Reception) night is the more formal and on this ship, it was fairly formal. Probably the most formal I have ever seen.

Same here. We were on the same cruise and you and it was the most formal wear that I have have seen in quite awhile!!!

First one is definitely the more formal, but I go by whichever outfit is snugger fitting. By the second formal night I'm thankful for an outfit with a little give. :)

my thoughts exactly!!

Thanks! I think I'll wear my promish gown the first formal night then!

Speaking of dinner, does anyone know what they do if the ship leaves at 9pm again this week and our dinner is at 8:30?

They still keep everything at the same time.

Thanks! I think I'll wear my promish gown the first formal night then!

They got the second wave breaker mounted last Saturday, so they very well may not have to leave late this week. Of course I don't know the schedule, so who knows for sure.

I was at second seating when we left on May 15th, and the ship was so quiet and smooth, we had backed out, turned around and were headed down the channel before I ever noticed the lights passing by outside the dining room windows!

It was dark, so you wouldn't be able to see as much as if it were the normal time.

Theron

What about the guys? Do they have to wear either a sport coat with a tie or a suit and tie every night for dinner? Can they be casual sometimes with no coat and tie?

There are two formal nights, the rest are casual, so khakis and a polo or other casual shirt are fine! :)

• 4 weeks later...
First one is definitely the more formal, but I go by whichever outfit is snugger fitting. By the second formal night I'm thankful for an outfit with a little give. :)

Windjamming~ You are SO RIGHT! Wear the snugger fitting outfit FIRST! lol

Archived