Voyager RFS 8694 Looking for info quick!

I think my sister and BIL's family will be a little surprised when they open the door to their cabin on Sunday...and it's not the oceanview cabin they were expecting!

(OK - the key card will probably give it away before they actually open the door)

I know what the perks are - but I had a few questions......

Does the master bedroom have a round window or a sliding door to the balcony?

Is there a flat screen TV in the living room and master bedroom?

Is there a free speciality dining night for suite guests?

Who is the concierge on the Voyage right now? Hope he measures up to Juan Diego on the Radiance!

Has anyone used the reserved suite seating in the show theater? Priority tendering?

How attractive is the decor in this RFS?

Thanks!!

The Royal Suite is great! However the Royal family suite is only ok. You get more space as it has two bedrooms but it is no where near the spacious and luxury feel of the Royal Suite. No free specialty dining night. There is only one tender port in Villefranche and priority tender tickets will be in your stateroom. However they are only good for the first tender off to shore. The concierge onboard now should be Israel and he is a great guy!

We were in 9694, the RFS above on deck 9 in March, so assuming things are consistent on the Voyager, I can give you some info on the RFS. We enjoyed it very much!

Does the master bedroom have a round window or a sliding door to the balcony?

Master bedroom has a window - the sliding door is in the living room.

Is there a flat screen TV in the living room and master bedroom? There are TVs in both rooms, but they weren't flat screen in March. I heard that TVs were being replaced gradually on the ship, so the RFSs may have flat screens now.

Is there a free speciality dining night for suite guests? We didn't have a free specialty dining night - I think it's another cruise line that does that. The RFS has access to the full dining room menu for room service, and there are 2 places to eat - table & chairs in the living room and another set on the balcony. Also there's a cupboard full of barware - wine glasses, champagne glasses, regular glasses, etc. (And the balcony is huge!)

Who is the concierge on the Voyager right now? Hope he measures up to Juan Diego on the Radiance! His name is Israel Sanchez, and we thought he was great. Israel got us tickets for the ice show and arranged a bridge tour for us.

Has anyone used the reserved suite seating in the show theater? Priority tendering? Yes, we used the priority tendering and it was VERY nice! We didn't have tender tickets, but were instructed to show the Concierge Lounge card, which got us whisked to the tender very quickly. There is a section of seats in the theater (center, toward the front) roped off for suite guests. They open it up to everyone just before the show starts, so be a little early if you want the reserved section.

How attractive is the decor in this RFS? Ours (#9694) pretty much looked just like the pictures on RC's website. It was attactive, but orange is NOT my favorite color! It's definitely not as fancy as the Royal Suite, but the furnishings were comfortable and in good condition.

Also - there are 2 safes, one in the master bedroom, and one in a living room cabinet. The second bedroom is pretty tiny, but it does have lots of clothing storage.

And yes, I'm afraid the surprise may be blown when they get their Sea Passes because they are gold and the word "SUITE" is printed on them. Also, we got an email from Israel about a week before the cruise - he introduced himself, included the list of suite perks, and encouraged us to let him know if he could help us with anything. Even offered to pre-book spa appointments. I know they'll enjoy Israel's services, and they'll love the space and the balcony!

Judy

Thank you very much for the information!

I really wanted this to be the trip of a lifetime for them as it's for their 25th anniversary (and both sons have a graduation this week)

I tried to get 9694, but someone took it on Friday night. I thought it was a bit better location (same deck as concierge lounge and closer to the buffet for those teen boys).

I am really interested in how you may have been able to arrange the bridge tour through Israel. Do you think if I called Crown and Anchor I could ask them to contact him and ask do the same? They would love it!

I'm sort of surprised about the TVs. That's a fairly "high rent district" and would certainly deserve to have nicer TVs. I have one nephew that likes to watch TV a lot, but this is such a port intensive trip, I bet he won't have a lot of time anyway.

Were all the perks clearly presented in the cabin - or do you think I should send the suite and concierge lounge perks in a "Do Not Open until May 30" envelope?

Thanks again!!

I think everything was there in the suite and pretty clearly presented - there was a welcome letter that referenced the perks, and there was kind of a folder or notebook that had the dining room menus (they change each day) for room service. I remember a lot of info on the table when we entered the suite. The bridge tour was arranged by Israel, and to the best of my memory, my husband talked to him in the Concierge Lounge. He was making a list of those who wanted a bridge tour, and it was scheduled in the morning on a sea day.

Do you know what time they will arrive for boarding? There may be some differences since the departure port is different (we embarked in Galveston), but after checking in, we were directed to a priority waiting area with champagne. We actually didn't stop for the bubbly since the ship started boarding right when we got to the priority waiting area (and we had a toddler in our group.)

If you can email me (goodrich@telepath.com), I can send you the letter we got from Israel prior to the cruise. You might email him ahead of time and let him know about the surprise.

And what a great treat you've arranged for your sister and her family!!!! I know they will be delighted with the suite, and those boys will probably enjoy the balcony more than the TVs! The balcony is a bit over 200 square feet in size and has a table and 4 chairs plus 2 loungers. We ordered breakfast to eat on the balcony nearly every day.

Another nice feature of the suite is that when they go to the Windjammer, there is a room near the entrance (actually Portofino's) open for suite guest seating, so they can get their food and not have to fight for a table in the Windjammer. There are waiters to get drinks for you, and it's nice and quiet in there with lots of window tables.

Also, our suite attendant was VERY attentive. She checked with me every day to find out if we needed anything. She even set up a diaper disposal system for us - gave us a wastebasket on the balcony to use for diapers and kept it emptied. There were 5 of us in the suite - 2 grandparents, 2 parents, and baby - and we just loved having the space to spread out, hang out, etc.

All in all it was a great cruise for us and a wonderful experience in the RFS!

Judy

Archived