Things that have Blown Overboard

A friend's dad was on an Alaskan cruise and he was laughing really hard and his top dentures flew out of his mouth and over the side. It was fairly early in the cruise, so that was the end for him enjoying meals in the MDR. He was really embarassed and couldn't do anything about it.

We were in our aft balcony cabin on the Brilliance OTS when a hat blew down from the Windjammer Cafe. A few minutes later there was a knock on the door; a man from security was there with the passenger who lost the hat. Guy was pretty happy to get his hat back.

When on a Carnival cruise someone had a 5 ft blow up monkey on their balcony.. well you guessed it, overboard it went. of course this caused all the ships in the area to stop and search for someone gone overboard no kidding!!! "Julius" the monkey became the joke of the cruise, he was trying to get to the Royal Caribbean ship

On the first day of our cruise we went to the top deck and was in the lounge chairs and my husband sandles went overboard. He said that it was okay because he packed another pair. Guess what? Carnival lost our luggage! :eek: We did not get our luggage back till after midnight. The first night at dinner he was stopped a lot and questioned about his shoes. But once they heard the story they laughed with us and said it was fine. We now pack shoes in our carry on's. :D

On the first day of our cruise we went to the top deck and was in the lounge chairs and my husband sandles went overboard. He said that it was okay because he packed another pair. Guess what? Carnival lost our luggage! :eek: We did not get our luggage back till after midnight. The first night at dinner he was stopped a lot and questioned about his shoes. But once they heard the story they laughed with us and said it was fine. We now pack shoes in our carry on's. :D

Great story for a first post. Welcome to Cruise Critic!

Saw a elderly lady on the back of the mariner, the wind was very strong and she was trying hard to keep her dress down and off into the ocean went her wig. :eek: She didn't even get mad she just smiled and walked away.

A friend's dad was on an Alaskan cruise and he was laughing really hard and his top dentures flew out of his mouth and over the side. It was fairly early in the cruise, so that was the end for him enjoying meals in the MDR. He was really embarassed and couldn't do anything about it.

I think we have a tie for the best overboard story. :D

Dentures and hair pieces will beat most anything.

Saw a elderly lady on the back of the mariner, the wind was very strong and she was trying hard to keep her dress down and off into the ocean went her wig. :eek: She didn't even get mad she just smiled and walked away.

That is too funny!!! :D:D:D

i've been on many carnival cruises, my friends and i (while back in our heavy partying days) would still be up partying at 6,7,8am on the deck.. A few times we noticed two couples would also be up that late (they would still be dressed in their nighttime clothes) but had towels, flip-flops, tshirts, ect in their hands and they would put everyting on the chairs near the pool to hold spots for themselves, and they would go off and sleep.

Somehow, those items ended up "blown" overboard if you know what i mean.

We were on the patio outside the DL on the INDY recently which overlooks the sport court..Saw a soccer ball fly overboard..bet they loose a lot that way...Visions of Tom Hanks and Wilson :D

Archived