eastern or western w/kids FOS or LOS

Hi

It you have cruised before with kids, what do you think is the best for kids as far as ports go? I really want to go on FOS eastern but don't want to chance missing Cocoa Cay for weather. I am a "port" kinda gal. Or did your kids really care? Is it the ship they like the best?

Thanks

How much your kids love the ship's activities will depend on their ages....generally 5-14 will LOVE the kids club! Older kids aren't really into "organized" activities....they're too "cool" for that!

Any cruise and any ports will be just fine....pick the one YOU want to do! After all....who's paying for it? That should be the deciding factor!

We took our kids on the Voyager when they were 9 and 11. They loved every aspect of the cruise, ship, ports, food etc. So this next year we are taking them on the Victory, which has a port every day, they will be 13 and 15. Thier chief complaint, no days at sea. But I am a port girl too, so I told them, she who pays, picks the ship. :) As far as which ports you go to, for kids a beach is a beach, they will have fun no matter what. My son who was 9 loved the kids clubs, daughter 11 didn't, but that is more personality than anything. She would rather read a book.

We were on Liberty of the Seas West. init. in March with our 16 year old sons. They had a great time on the ship especially loved Flowrider. We had two sea days. They could've stayed entertained with even more sea days. They never went to the teenage activities. We were also considering the Indy - eastern and decided that our boys would enjoy the western Liberty sailing better (we had been to the ports on both sailings). We let them help decide the ship and ports. They wanted to visit some ruins and DH wanted to go on at least one dive. Look at the ports and excursions available. On our cruise, in Costa Maya we went to the ruins with Native Choice. In Belize, we went snorkeling with Coral Breeze. In Cozumel, we went to Paradise Beach and DH did a dive with the ship. In Grand Cayman, we went snorkeling on our own at Eden Dive Center and the Wreck of the Cali. The ships are sister ships so shouldn't be much difference there. Will airfare to Orlando versus Miami make a difference? We can always fly cheaper to Orlando but we got a better price on the Liberty sailing. Also, you will need to consider transportation from Orlando to Port Canaveral if you sail on Freedom. We loved our cruise on Liberty. The service, staff, entertainment, cruise director and food were great.

Archived