What are benifits of owning Carnival stock?

rene194215

I would runnnnn from owning any cruise line stocks with the oil situation in the gulf and any Mexican port. I see racial tensions mounting. We have B2B cruises scheduled on the Mexican Rivera, and we will NOT get off the ship at any port. We'll no longer give money to Mexico. We'll spend our vacations in the USA where we were born.

Stock ownership is a high risk investment and shouldn't be entered into lightly just to get OBC unless you fully understand what you are getting into.

100 shares would currently cost you between $3500 and $3600. Think carefully before making this investment.

Stock ownership is a high risk investment and shouldn't be entered into lightly just to get OBC unless you fully understand what you are getting into.

100 shares would currently cost you between $3500 and $3600. Think carefully before making this investment.

I was going to post the very same thing. Owning cruise company stock is a high risk, low reward investment. You're giving the company almost $4000 of your money and will not see it grow very much, if at all. The real juicer of course is that once you do that you'll most likely want to cruise only with them to get your $100 and could be passing up a better deal on another line.

If you have that kind of money burning a hole in your pocket, invest it in good growth stock mutual funds with a history of good performance. You'll probably get somewhere between $300-$500 each year off it. Use that money as a down payment to book a cruise on ANY line.

invest it in good growth stock mutual funds with a history of good performance. You'll probably get somewhere between $300-$500 each year off it. Use that money as a down payment to book a cruise on ANY line.

very good advice

Wow, thank you everyone! I was on the verge of buying a few shares but did not realize it was 100 shares. I think I will take the advise of some of the posters and invest in somehting else. ( or just add on in my 401K) Its not really worth the $100 credit at this point in my life.

Thanks all!!!

I agree, this could be a foolish risk but I got in at a time when the CCL and RCCL stocks were fairly low and each has increased in value (CCL-44%; RCCL-103%). If I see things start to go sour I will cash out, enjoy my gains and all of the obc's I've received (I think it's about $750.00 in total so far). But that was my dumb luck. To take the risk for just a single cruise obc is not advisable. And I don't think I would purchase these stocks at their current prices. I don't want to say wait and see if they drop because that would mean I would lose out. LOL But it's only a good thing to do when the stocks are offered at cheap price and you can afford to risk the money and you will be taking a lot of cruises.

I purchased 200 shares of Carnival stock (CCL) in 2009 when the price was down. I am planning a cruise for 2010. I just spoke with a Carnival Vacation Planner who did not think the OBC was elligible with the discounted Early Bird rate. He was going to check with a supervisor and get back to me.

Can anyone tell me if that is correct?

I purchased 200 shares of Carnival stock (CCL) in 2009 when the price was down. I am planning a cruise for 2010. I just spoke with a Carnival Vacation Planner who did not think the OBC was elligible with the discounted Early Bird rate. He was going to check with a supervisor and get back to me.

I've no problems getting it under ES.

Here are the details on the shareholder benefit.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9NDIyNzh8Q2hpbGRJRD0tMXxUeXBlPTM=&t=1

Pretty much any rate is combineable except for stuff like Travel Agent or Interline rates.

Keep in mind the board has to renew this every year. So far they always have, but another thing to consider if you're looking at buying stock. I got mine a while ago when it was at $15/share and have taken advantage of the OBC several times. Kind of like an extra dividend. :D

I would runnnnn from owning any cruise line stocks with the oil situation in the gulf and any Mexican port. I see racial tensions mounting. We have B2B cruises scheduled on the Mexican Rivera, and we will NOT get off the ship at any port. We'll no longer give money to Mexico. We'll spend our vacations in the USA where we were born.

My! What an interesting perspective! You sound like a exciting, open minded individual ready to try new adventures. I hope you enjoy your B2B cruise.

I received it on a recent ES booking, no problem.

Wait a few days and see what happens if you are interested in buying Carnival stock.....last year with the Swine flu fiasco, Carnival stock tanked and I am sick I didn't buy it then. Won't make that mistake again....with the oil in the Gulf and (potential) to have to reroute ships away from Jamaica I see another tank coming. Buy low, sell high ;)

My! What an interesting perspective! You sound like a exciting, open minded individual ready to try new adventures. I hope you enjoy your B2B cruise.

ROFL...you voiced very eloquently things I was thinking about that post and didn't dare write here :D

ROFL...you voiced very eloquently things I was thinking about that post and didn't dare write here :D

I agree but what that poster was doing is considered hijacking the thread which is strictly prohibited by the Cruise Critic guidelines. One of the sticky threads at the beginning of the Carnival board addresses off topic replies and clearly states that these kinds of postings are not welcome. I leave it to the hosts to decide what they want to do about this posting. Shall we just continue to discuss shareholder benefits?

Archived