Pricing

happy5

Is there anywhere to get a discount on a cruise?

I checked on the Carnival web site, and got a price.

I then called my travel agent---who I have used for several years, and she quoted the same price.

I have cruised numerous times with Carnival (and other lines), and thought we had received discounts. Now I am not so sure.

What is the best way to get a discount and/or OBC?

or is the price the same whether you book directly with Carnival or with a travel agent?

Is there anywhere to get a discount on a cruise?

I checked on the Carnival web site, and got a price.

I then called my travel agent---who I have used for several years, and she quoted the same price.

I have cruised numerous times with Carnival (and other lines), and thought we had received discounts. Now I am not so sure.

What is the best way to get a discount and/or OBC?

or is the price the same whether you book directly with Carnival or with a travel agent?

Unless a TA is "rebating" some of their commission to reduce your cruise fare, or possibly they have secured "group space" at a lower fare than the cruise is now selling for, the rates you are seeing at CCL's website will be the same that any TA can "advertise".... However, to get a possible lower fare, you have to call or email them direct where they MAY offer you a lower fare to capture your attention. Just make sure you are comparing apples to apples when looking at rates though. ;)

Naming of online travel agents is not permitted and Carnival usually has the lowest or same fares as all the other sites. The best way to get OBC is by booking the Early Saver rate, if you can abide by the conditions.

If you choose to go with a TA, even one who discounts ...do be sure to ask about fees.

I talked to one about my Mariner cruise, and they would give me $100 OBC but have a $100 cancellation fee.

Another TA will give me $50 OBC, but has a $25 pp change or cancel fee, so if I find a price drop, the OBC is then used us in fees.

I like my Carnival PVP so I use her for Carnival.

There are TA's that will quote the same cruise fare and than jack up the taxes and fees.

We find it best to use pvp at carnival.

Some insurance companies have travel departments as does some super warehouse memberships. Check with them. :)

Archived