Carnival won't allow me to upgrade from 4 day to 7 day

Carnival won't allow me to change from a 4 day to a 7 day. They told me that since I would be sailing on a different ship, that I would lose my $450 deposit from the other sailing. A supervisor will be me calling this week to discuss the matter. So they won't take the extra $1,000 for a longer sailing? Has this happened to any of you?

Carnival won't allow me to change from a 4 day to a 7 day. They told me that since I would be sailing on a different ship, that I would lose my $450 deposit from the other sailing. A supervisor will be me calling this week to discuss the matter. So they won't take the extra $1,000 for a longer sailing? Has this happened to any of you?

If you booked Early Saver and you're wanting to change Cruise ship/date prior to Final payment, your ES booking has a so-called non-refundable Deposit (hopefully you were aware of this at booking)- if you were to cancel and re-book a different cruise at the same time, you would lose $50 per person and the deposit will be transferred to the other cruise. A supervisor might be able to waive the $50pp penalty.

for any booking, if you're cancelling after the Final Payment Deadline you're subject to the cancellation penalties outlined in the Cruise Contract, starting with loss of deposit and working upward. They are less likely to waive this.

60 to 46 days Deposit

45 to 30 days 50% of Total Fare

29 to 15 days 75% of Total Fare

14 days or less 100% of Total Fare

let us know the resolution?

ken

Are you sailing in the next 2 months or less?

Steve

if you are trying to change this prior to final payment, and even if you booked early saver, then you would lose $50.00 per person and the balance applied to new cruise. you still pay the 250 deposit and that balance from other cruise applied.

if you are past final payment, then according to the contract terms as the prior poster stated. hopefully it will work in your favor, but don't count on then not chargeing at least the 50 fee if you booked early saver

Thank you for all of your responses and all of the information! I always book 2 weeks before sailing since I live in Miami. My mother lost her job so I'm paying for her cruise and my nephew's so I decided to book it ahead of time. I saved enough money for a 7 day cruise so now I want to change it. My PVP booked it at the best rate they had at the time of booking so I booked it at the past guest rate. I guess that I will have to sail on the 4 day one instead if I will lose the $450 deposit on the other one. My PVP had told me that I could change it, but she's not familiar with the procedures since she's new to Carnival. I'll keep you updated on the situation.

Thank you for all of your responses and all of the information! I always book 2 weeks before sailing since I live in Miami. My mother lost her job so I'm paying for her cruise and my nephew's so I decided to book it ahead of time. I saved enough money for a 7 day cruise so now I want to change it. My PVP booked it at the best rate they had at the time of booking so I booked it at the past guest rate. I guess that I will have to sail on the 4 day one instead if I will lose the $450 deposit on the other one. My PVP had told me that I could change it, but she's not familiar with the procedures since she's new to Carnival. I'll keep you updated on the situation.

1st, lovely gesture to take ur ma/nephew on a cruise:)

either im reading u wrong or my understanding as to CCLs cancellation polices are off, yet im thinking if u booked 2 weeks before departure you had to pay the full fare vs a down payment:confused:& that the entire amount paid (not $450 deposit) would be lost (less any TI)

Im guessing the OP is past final payment?? OP says usually only books a couple weeks out but booked earlier. What is earlier to him could be last minute to others. I would guess the rep knew the rules of past guest, just isnt explaining them to the OP well enough who thinks if they pay for a more expensive cruise they should be allowed to change.

Could be that's why he would lose the money too and they wouldnt let him change.

Thank you so much, Keishashadow! She was 2 years away from retirement, and was let go after being with the company for 20 years. I already made the final payment, and my cruise is on July 22. This year I booked it ahead of time to save enough money for all of us. Usually I book 2 weeks before sailing. For the 4 day sailings you give $150 deposit per person.

Thank you so much, Keishashadow! She was 2 years away from retirement, and was let go after being with the company for 20 years. I already made the final payment, and my cruise is on July 22. This year I booked it ahead of time to save enough money for all of us. Usually I book 2 weeks before sailing. For the 4 day sailings you give $150 deposit per person.

heartbreaking to hear such shabby treatment, good luck to her in a new job search:)

thanx for clarifying, i get it now...good luck! make sure to post back if they do allow u to switch

]if you are trying to change this prior to final payment' date=' and even if you booked early saver, then you would lose $50.00 per person and the balance applied to new cruise. you still pay the 250 deposit and that balance from other cruise applied.[/color']

if you are past final payment, then according to the contract terms as the prior poster stated. hopefully it will work in your favor, but don't count on then not chargeing at least the 50 fee if you booked early saver

If you are canceling and rebooking a new cruise at the same time they let you just transfer the balance of your deposit over to the new cruise and you don't have to pay an additional deposit.

I just did it last month and that's how it worked for me anyway.

Looks like OP missed out by a week.:( If they would have changed before the 60 day mark they would have been OK.

Bill

Even though in your eyes you're "upgrading" to a longer cruise and giving Carnival more money, in reality, inside final payment, you're cancelling your 4 night cruise and booking a new 7 night cruise. Cancellation fees apply, in this case, $450.

Oh, an the PVP is right. You CAN make changes, but needless to say, it will cost you. :(

You could do a back to back..........

Archived