Candles on board?

Set Free

I have seen drops that you can sprinkle in the toilet that will reduce the odor. Never have tried them so I don't know if they work or not.

They are called "Just a drop" and they really, really work.. I carry them whenever I travel to places where the water/food might not agree with me. I purhase the mine Walmart.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDbRFvCFDF4

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Yikes! That first one reminds me of some days that we've been out (obviously not in those big waves but proportionally as big to our boat). Those are the days we say "The heck with this - on to port!" and go in to find a nice marina to stay. I can't imagine how that must be!! Yikes!

The last one was a fire from a smoker. So sad.

There is barely any room to do your personal business, the two of you won't fit nor would you :eek:. I always bring room freshener for the entire cabin. If you want to be romantic, sit out on the balcony and enjoy the moon light unless your traveling to Alaska then enjoy the sunlight:D

I like the plug ins with the night light. It really helps for those midnight nature calls...:D

"I can see all the remarks I would have made have been made. I just wanna make sure you are not on my ship."

No mas please !...It gets tiring to read so much sourness. The Boards is to inform.

Gee whiz.. I wanted to bring my Hibachi and grill out on the balcony..:D

To the OP.. Very valid question, don't let the hacks get you down..

Some folks out there really try to control everything that others do.. Simple, just read the cruise contract.. Search the cruise lines web site and use the search function.. It is all there in black and white..

A friendly warning to those that want to take this thread off on a smoking tangent.. I would advise against it.. The CC mods have been known to pull a thread just for that reason. It is a very volatile subject and it is advisable to stay away from it..

And to directly answer your question there OP.. No, candles are not allowed..

Anyway, how would you like your steaks?? ;)

"I can see all the remarks I would have made have been made. I just wanna make sure you are not on my ship."

No mas please !...It gets tiring to read so much sourness. The Boards is to inform.

While I agree with you in theory. I WAS looking for information.

I did not read every post but the battery operated candals do have aroma to them just as a regular one. We can not have any candals in work either so we sometimes use the battery operated ones and they smell very nice.

Brings up the questions: do people who are about to take their first cruise read up on the rules? Many people don't belong to a board like this (many may not be aware that they exist or don't have the time or incliniation). So would someone bother to go on the cruiseline's website or read through the booklet that'll get sent. I know that I read through the booklet before my first cruise.

Really? I'm hoping the OP was a joke. If not, this is sad, that people are even still considering risking the lives of thousands for a little ambiance. Sickos!

The OP was not a joke. I am not risking the lives of thousands any more than someone smoking will. That fire video that is listed in this thread? Started by a smoker.

As I stated, I did not know if candles were permitted but since smoking was, I figured why not ask. I did not need idiots to answer - just regular human beings who can kindly say "No, candles are not permitted."

Just to let you know, I've traveled thousands of miles on a 42 foot sailboat - WITH candles. Just last night we had 4 candles burning while we were enjoying the evening and then getting ready for bed. 3 of them were citronella candles in the cockpit and one was a geranium candle in the salon - all to help with the bugs. I've been doing major cruising on our own sailboat for over 20 years and have not once had a fire, thank you very much.

Ya know, I'm sure your mother said this atleast once to you and if she didn't, consider it said from this mom - "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

Brings up the questions: do people who are about to take their first cruise read up on the rules?

Yes' date=' and I could not find anything about candles on their website.

Many people don't belong to a board like this (many may not be aware that they exist or don't have the time or incliniation). So would someone bother to go on the cruiseline's website or read through the booklet that'll get sent. I know that I read through the booklet before my first cruise.

What booklet? I don't have any booklet. I have the online docs that I read through and saw nothing about candles. We're sailing HAL. Can you show me on their website where it says something about candles? I did a search and came up with 5 results - none of which I could find any information about candles.

I guess, Insence sticks are also on the list of No-No's.

i have never seen or heard that insence sticks were forbidden but i am guessing, yes, they would be. another fire hazard if one would drop too the floor or get next to something flamable. i know from experience they can be very messy. also, they can be very strong smelling and some people have allergies too some strong scents. i would think they would fill up the room and filter out too the hall and might be a problem for some passengers. have a great cruise

A little off subject, but you did mention your love of candles. We bought some in Cozumel to bring home, and security removed the wicks. They might have well just confiscated them and been done with it. Hey, here's your wickless candle from Cozumel, enjoy :eek:

Just a heads up...

A little off subject, but you did mention your love of candles. We bought some in Cozumel to bring home, and security removed the wicks. They might have well just confiscated them and been done with it. Hey, here's your wickless candle from Cozumel, enjoy :eek:

Just a heads up...

I'd be SOOOO ticked!! I don't think I'll buy any candles while we're away. There's a GREAT candle shop in Newport, RI and I'm sure we'll be hitting Newport at some point this summer. :)

Saw a review post complaining that the incense burning led to the search of the cabin (yes -- the rules allow it). The consensus response posts were that the search was because there was a suspicion the incense was being used to mask another smell!

i have never seen or heard that insence sticks were forbidden but i am guessing, yes,

Just a heads up...

Why didn't they just confiscate them and return them at the end of the cruise like they do other things we buy in port (liquor, knives, etc.) ?? I have even had them confiscate a letter opener and return it to me at the end of the cruise)

Archived