Candles on board?

Set Free

Is it OK to have candles in the room? We're in an inside room and I'd love to have some candles to burn in the bathroom while hubby is in there and for "ambiance" :D I haven't seen anything about this.

they can be taken and have....in january we had a battery-operated candle-wrapped around it was a paper that said BATTERY OPERATED and then i made sure to put by it when we would leave the cabin....once the paper got misplaced and the steward was trying to say NO CANDLEs and then i showed him-he smiled...but ABSOLUTELY i am SURE THEY ARE FORBIDDEN:eek:

little travel can of LYSOL...they even make the little travel can of FEBREEZE-we have both.

There is barely any room to do your personal business, the two of you won't fit nor would you :eek:. I always bring room freshener for the entire cabin. If you want to be romantic, sit out on the balcony and enjoy the moon light unless your traveling to Alaska then enjoy the sunlight:D

As mentioned, no regular candles are allowed (this will be spelled out in the cruise contract that every cruiseline has -- you can check the website for your cruiseline and you should be able to find it). There are travel sized air freshener sprays such as Oust that you can find if you search a store's travel sized aisle or a car parts store (my hubby likes this one brand that is hard to find but in vanilla scent...but many car parts stores do carry it as it's marketed for use in cars).

If you do candles don't be surprised if you are re-enacting the muster drill you did on disembarkation day, that will be some ambienc :eek:

You bring candles for ambience in airplane restrooms too ;)

Fire is nearly the worst thing to happen on a ship!

Is it OK to have candles in the room? We're in an inside room and I'd love to have some candles to burn in the bathroom while hubby is in there and for "ambiance" :D I haven't seen anything about this.

If you bring a candle on board and a crew member spots it, the best thing that will happen is that you'll get the candle confiscated and you'll be told they aren't allowed.

What is much more likely is that you'll get to meet the Captain..... who will put you off the ship at the next port, leaving you to make your own way home at your own expense.

The biggest danger at sea is fire.

VP

I couldn't believe what I was reading, it's frightening that someone even thought of this.

Common sense even if it's your first cruise :rolleyes: but then you just know someone pushes the limit. I just hope their not on my ship :eek:

Anything to think about is that the heat sensors may go off. Once my hubby didn't close the bathroom door while taking a quick shower. We got a call from the front desk telling us that they received an alarm for our cabin. That was the last time he didn't double check the door before turning on the shower.

Archived