Summit vs Solstice

cruiseformel

Hi All

I'd appreciate some advice. I'm looking to book a Caribbean cruise on either the Summit out of Puerto Rico or the Solstice out of Ft. Lauderdale. I've sailed on Celebrity before, but not on either of these ships. Can anyone please tell me their preference between the two?

Thanks!

hi, i have sailed 3 m-class ships as well as the solstice. while the m-class ships hold a special place in my heart (it was on the millennium that i fell in love with cruising at age 16, after a long hiatus of cruising all together...it was also my first celebrity cruise) the solstice wins for me hands down. correct me if i am wrong but i think the constellation is the only m-class ship that has been refurbished, so the summit is bound to show age. some people may prefer this ship because it's a bit smaller and may seem more traditional, but the solstice has a bit more to offer. it has 3 specialty restaurants vs. 1 on the summit (unless they have added one, this is the only m-class i have not sailed) as well as more dining options in general. the spaces are generally larger (relatively speaking). it's also much newer. and the buffet areas in the cafe are so much more nicely laid out. really helps with lines...i usually never encountered any. and if i did, they moved quickly.

i'm sure you will love both ships, but the solstice gets my vote hands down.

ps. i also prefer to leave from fort lauderdale if that means anything. travel there is usually easier in my experiences.

because of the unique aspect of the ship, venues, lay-out and it is much less expensive to sail out of Florida than San Juan....and the S class are just so different and modern! LuAnn

I haven't yet cruised the S class but we love the M class. It is not too big but you never feel crowded.

I am hoping we'll enjoy the S class as much but a little nervous that the "megaship" experience isn't for us.

We did find the C class a little small but the M class seemed just right.

Archived