You can all join in

ekco

Come everyone and join in :):). I can see that there are a lot of viewers but we need more contributors, the forum can't be sustained with only 6 or 7 regulars. With some of us off on holiday soon we need help with ideas for new threads etc. Give it a go, we're a friendly bunch but need more friends. Does anyone need advice on the Island Escape or have any good tips? Help!!:D:D

Jan

This thread was a good idea Jan,

I'm going to need someone to chat to while you and Terry are swanning off around the Med and Aegean. :)

the dog's not talking to me at the moment, I've just had her down the vet to have her nails clipped so she's not too happy.

Berwyn

Looks like you might be talking to yourself Berwyn. Same old suspects.:D:D

It was weird, when my old dog was coming up to 15 her nails grew so fast they had to be cut every 2 months. She was still going out on the pavement and walking quite well then but it was bizarre. Just like Howard Hughes, lol.

Hi RR

When we got married DH had a lovely head of long curly hair. What happened :eek::eek:. A right pair of hippies we were then but we were only 18 and 19 at the time. :D

That's what was so scary about the Picasa thing last night, it had arranged all our family in groups. I don't want time lapse type photography on my face over the decades.:eek:

Jan

Looks like you might be talking to yourself Berwyn. Same old suspects.:D:D

That's what was so scary about the Picasa thing last night, it had arranged all our family in groups. I don't want time lapse type photography on my face over the decades.:eek:

Jan

Hi Jan,

I've got it installed on the laptop and only latest holiday photos on there so it doesn't work like that for me.

Berwyn

Hi Jan,

I've got it installed on the laptop and only latest holiday photos on there so it doesn't work like that for me.

Berwyn

I've got Picasa 3 and it's made a folder at the top on the left just under 'albums' named 'people' (1) and 'unnamed' just underneath. Very strange, over the years I've scanned in all the old photos so I can pass them on easily to the family, I stopped though when the lads left home.:D:D

Jan

Hi RR

When we got married DH had a lovely head of long curly hair. What happened :eek::eek:. A right pair of hippies we were then but we were only 18 and 19 at the time. :D

Jan

I was a hippy once with really long blonde hair :eek:

Then went through a faze of being a Mod..and still am. and still have a full head of hair :p albeit being a tad silver on the sides..soon get the sun on it and it turns back to blond..how weird is that?

I was a hippy once with really long blonde hair :eek:

Then went through a faze of being a Mod..and still am. and still have a full head of hair :p albeit being a tad silver on the sides..soon get the sun on it and it turns back to blond..how weird is that?

At least you've still got hair :)

I've got Picasa 3 and it's made a folder at the top on the left just under 'albums' named 'people' (1) and 'unnamed' just underneath. Very strange, over the years I've scanned in all the old photos so I can pass them on easily to the family, I stopped though when the lads left home.:D:D

Jan

I've always meant to scan all the old ones in but never got around to it.

Berwyn

Since working in the Nuclear Industry for the last 6 years..I have been sporting a #2 haircut because of the heat (Hairdressers every 2 weeks) and having to wear a hard hat all the time....last year on Holiday I got a sun burnt scalp :mad: so this year long hair is the order of the day.

Mrs now says I don't look like a thug :eek:

on a bit of a downer:mad: was at the dentist today - she asked that I see her in 2 weeks time - no no no not possible:p - will be on my jollies on a stay and cruise:) oops just checked the calender it's 3 weeks today we leave for Palma Nova and 4 weeks today for the cruise:D

OK IE questions.....

have checked the prices for the reps tour - very expensive - what is the best trips to do on your own, I want to see Toulon and hubby wants to see pompey

- have told DH I would be quite happy just to go ashore get a postcard/photo and back on the ship - thinking now the cruise would be a waste of time if we did that - I haven't seen much of Europe - hubby just back from Estonia/Sweden/Denmark he is off to Milan/Paris on Monday for a week

Hi Highlandlassie

Don't stay on the ship unless it's a dump in port (Agadir for us in March).:eek: It's the whole point of a cruise, do plenty of research then you only have to pay for the trips that you can't possibly fit in in the the time in port. We went to the Canaries and didn't do any trips as we've been to most of the stops before and knew where to get local buses etc. But we did 3 passenger pick-ups in the 7 days which meant we were in port up to 11.00pm on those days. That means that there's plenty of time to get back if you're stuck in the middle of nowhere. You could pick the places that you know you'll never go back to as that means it would be a once in a lifetime chance.:):) Berwyn should be able to tell you the best ones. Hope your teeth are ok, if you can get it done before you go, DH had a temporary crown once and guess when it came out, correct!!, right in the middle of the holiday and it was right in the middle of his mouth too.!!:eek: He looked like a dodgy pirate.

Jan

OK IE questions.....

have checked the prices for the reps tour - very expensive - what is the best trips to do on your own, I want to see Toulon and hubby wants to see pompey

- have told DH I would be quite happy just to go ashore get a postcard/photo and back on the ship - thinking now the cruise would be a waste of time if we did that - I haven't seen much of Europe - hubby just back from Estonia/Sweden/Denmark he is off to Milan/Paris on Monday for a week

Hi,There's a market in the morning near the port in the mornings.

Pompeii you can go round on the train (not sure of directions to station, but it's not far). Train stops at Pompeii.

Or you could do Hericulanum, it's on the outskirts and more compact.

They also have a City Sightseeing HOHO bus in Naples.

Berwyn

Picking fights again RR, lol :D. Banging heads on brick walls.:eek::eek: Personally, unless I end up in hospital due to someone else's mistake I try to accentuate the positive. (actually we did once when my then 9 year old son was bitten by a Spanish guard dog. He ended up back here having rabies injections,:eek:). I think it's years of going camping, we got used to roughing it so anything else is luxury. No holiday is ever perfect, not that I can remember anyway. :)

Jan

Hi ekco

teeth not really a problem - still have 2 baby teeth. Stopped smoking 5mths ago and now having problems with bleeding, they explained whay its happening, too teckie for me :( - told them will go back to smoking:) they nearly throttled me:eek:

I have loads of ££££ saved from not smoking so going to spend spend spend

anyway IE upwards and onwards:D

How do I add a wee photo:confused:

I'm still trying to work that out after nearly 2 years on here. :confused:

Did you see my 3replies above? Just in case you missed them with other ones in between.

Berwyn

Hi Jan,

Remember you mentioned yesterday about more volcanic ash?

They said on the weather on the radio this morning that yellowish dust that landed overnight was tree pollen and not the volcano.

Berwyn

How do I add a wee photo:confused:

Go to user CP

Edit Avatar

If you have a picture saved make sure it's

The maximum size of your custom image is 80 by 80 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).

Upload Image From Your Computer

And Voilà

Hi Jan,

Remember you mentioned yesterday about more volcanic ash?

They said on the weather on the radio this morning that yellowish dust that landed overnight was tree pollen and not the volcano.

Berwyn

Yeah right !! Sure it is!!:D They're obsessed with tree pollen. After cloudy and cool day it's warm and sunny with blue skies now.

Jan

Highlandlassie, we're going to have to shorten your name, lol. Too much typing. We could call you er.. lassie, too doggy; high, too druggy; land, too earthy, lol. :D:D What do you think?

Jan

Archived