Cabin Assignments WHEN?

joanfred

Congrats, MCOgirl, and happy cruising!

I finally copped to just printing the silly tags without numbers, and just got them all tape-covered and stapled and reinforced. We fly tomorrow morning so this is pretty against-the-wire! But after you posted, I checked to see if my Sunday sailing had an assignment and not (I was sure fiddling with the blank tags would bring on a rapid assignment, but fate stepped out on that one).

As long as we have a spot with a roof, I guess we will be happy. It is just annoying, when you are trying to tie up all the loose ends before departure....

Congrats, MCOgirl, and happy cruising!

I finally copped to just printing the silly tags without numbers, and just got them all tape-covered and stapled and reinforced. We fly tomorrow morning so this is pretty against-the-wire! But after you posted, I checked to see if my Sunday sailing had an assignment and not (I was sure fiddling with the blank tags would bring on a rapid assignment, but fate stepped out on that one).

As long as we have a spot with a roof, I guess we will be happy. It is just annoying, when you are trying to tie up all the loose ends before departure....

Melehundele

Keep checking they should be coming anytime today I would imagine.

Best of luck to you...let us know once you are assigned!We fly out tomorrow as well and are getting very excited.;)

EVERYTHING is an upgrade from an NN ;) I am in the same proverbial "boat" as you were.

I wonder what the deal is with the assignments for the 6/13 Ryndam...everyone getting ON after I get OFF knows where to go already...

Still nothing in my account. Running out of hours to check. I don't need 1 more thing to be OCD about!

I am leaving on the Oosterdam on the 20th and just got our cabin assignment today. Booked an NN and we got a J. First cruise so I don't even know if this is an upgrade.:)

Our kids were in a J category 1068 on the Eurodam (main deck, interior) and the room was VERY spacious. There was even room for a corner sectional, coffee table, 3 closets AND a desk. Their bathroom sink area was bigger than ours and we were in a VD. For an interior room I would pick a J category again for the size. The location was great too, mid ship and close to the center elevators and front desk.

diane

Our kids were in a J category 1068 on the Eurodam (main deck, interior) and the room was VERY spacious.

For an interior room I would pick a J category again for the size.

The J-category cabins on Main Deck are quite generous; the doubles are the same size as the quads. However, the J-category cabins higher up are not the same.

Not all "J"s are created equal. I wouldn't want someone getting a higher deck J to be unhappily surprised.

The J-category cabins on Main Deck are quite generous; the doubles are the same size as the quads. However, the J-category cabins higher up are not the same.

Not all "J"s are created equal. I wouldn't want someone getting a higher deck J to be unhappily surprised.

Thank you Ruth for the clarification. I should have said I would pick the J category on the main deck again. Sorry for the omission.:o

diane

Hey, they posted assignments at the last possible minute for me :)

We booked NN and got G510, which is a porthole. I don't know how great it will be to be so close to the front of the ship, but beggars can't be choosers! And I am very happy to have a bathtub!

Have a nice week everyone, and Augie deserves extra belly rubs and naps!

We booked NN and got G510, which is a porthole. I don't know how great it will be to be so close to the front of the ship, but beggars can't be choosers! And I am very happy to have a bathtub!

Yay!!!! You have a room! And a multi-step upgrade!!!

In fact, Augie is so very pleased with all of this, he is going to allow me to make his breakfast now!:p

Have a terrific week and cruise, and don't forget us when you get home! We will want to hear all about your cruise, your stateroom, your shore-ex...

Take care and Bon Voyage!

Tracie-Lynn

That's a great upgrade! It one that I've rarely seen. It will be a bit more bumpy but having some daylight is worth it IMO. Have a great cruise!

My husband and I are also waiting for our cabin assignment on the 29th Eurodam sailing. I will be happy with whatever I get. It kind of adds to the suspense of the cruise! Glad to hear someone has received theirs. Good luck everyone!

Cruisebunch

I am really new at this. So if I already have a cabin assigned, could there still be a possible upgrade? If so how would I find that info? This is my first cruise and I am learning alot from these boards. :confused::)

I am really new at this. So if I already have a cabin assigned, could there still be a possible upgrade? If so how would I find that info? This is my first cruise and I am learning alot from these boards. :confused::)

Yes it`s possible unless of course you have requested `no upgrade` when making your cabin reservation. Continue the Online check in process with HAL to see if you get that upgrade.

Rich

Do you mean we shouldn't send our bags w/out cabin assignments or we should go ahead and do so and the porters will put our cabin #'s on? There are 6 of us traveling together.
I shouldn't have said "you may not want to send a bag on ahead to the ship" but rather you may not be able to. I don't know. They would have ample time to look you up and mark your tags, so maybe they would allow it. They have free wifi in the Fairbanks Westmark, so you may have another chance to look up your ship room assignment there.

Should we be packing our carry ons w/ what we will need for our 3 days land tour in Fairbanks & Denali or will we be able to do this when we reach Fairbanks? I am not sure what happens to our luggage once we reach Fairbanks? We will have to retrieve it after our flight and bring it to our hotel. What happens once we reach our hotel to this luggage?

In 9/07 in the Fairbanks airport there were HAL and Princess employees pulling the bags off the carousels and asking people to identify which were theirs. They were taken to the hotels by truck, and we next saw them in in our room.

We took the one bag that we had packed with things that we didn't need until the ship down to the HAL reception desk (not the hotel Front Desk), and we didn't see that bag again until we got into our cabin on the ship. I don't know what the "cut off time" is to send a bag forward, but my guess would be late on the night of your arrival, so you could probably re-arrange bag contents in Fairbanks if you wanted to.

Our other bags we put out in the hall on the mornings we left Fairbanks and Denali, and each time they were taken by truck, and beat us to our next room.

I know this is probably silly but where are you looking to see what your cabin assignment is? I have been going back to the online check in section on HAL's website and pulling up my luggage tags and they do not have a stateroom number on them...but I am sure there must be an easier way to do it.

Our Express Doc's will be available this weekend so maybe I am just being a tad over anxious to see what cabin we get:)

Thanks for the help.

I know this is probably silly but where are you looking to see what your cabin assignment is? I have been going back to the online check in section on HAL's website and pulling up my luggage tags and they do not have a stateroom number on them...but I am sure there must be an easier way to do it.
No, that's how you do it! :) You don't need to look at the bag tags - it will show up eventually at the top of the first page where it now says Stateroom: GUAR

Our Express Doc's will be available this weekend so maybe I am just being a tad over anxious to see what cabin we get:)

That means you're about 53 days out now, so you have 33 to 43 days more to wait before you're likely to see an assignment. :(

JTL513, thanks for the update. We have been so confused about whether we would be able to take things out of our checked bags and transfer them to a smaller bag we carry with us on our 3 days.

If we don't get cabins b4 we leave for Fairbanks, then I'll see if I can check at the Westmark. I know that there is a HAL rep located there at the hotel because I spoke to him about trying to upgrade our DHT to the TWT. Perhaps they will have so info for us.

I am not liking the way HAL does their guarantee bookings. We have always had our cabins way b4 we cruise on other cruise lines. I know they are trying to fill the ship but so are the other cruise lines.

Thanks again for your help.

Now if you could only get us transferred from the Denali History tour to the Tundra Wilderness Tour, you would be awesome.

Mary

Archived