Do you get a pedicure before you cruise?

I do my own pedicure, summers and for cruises. My husband's toenails always look horrible, so a couple of cruises ago I asked him to get a pedicure. We both were amazed at how good his feet looked after a pedicure! Now it's a must for him every time we cruise. I have lot's of photo's of his feet - at the beach, by the pool..... lol It's so funny to hear him compare the pros and cons of getting the pedicure at the health club salon verses the neighborhood nail salon. Actually a foot massage sounds good right now!!!

Does anyone get a special design on their toes for their cruise? I want to get something besides my usual french, but I'm out of ideas. I know this sounds crazy but does anyone have any pictures of their vacation pedicure? I remembered that someone posted a picture of a really cute pedicure they got before going on their Disney cruise (below) but I am going on the Carnival Dream, so mickey ears dont really apply.

4589757286_aca0205425_o.jpg

Yes. I get mine dine before I go. And a manicure. 

I make myself get a pedicure a couple times a year. Nothing wrong with my feet ... just my head.. You see, my mean older brothers used to hold me down and tickle me until I wet my pants :eek:...so now I tense up just thinking about someone messing with my feet. I always tell the lady who is doing my feet to be careful as I knew that I would jerk and move a lot when she touched the bottom of my feet!

I'm going to get my first ever pedi for my Nov cruise. Normally I just paint them myself.

A pedicure is way more extensive than just painting your toes. In the winter I still get pedicures once a month but don't even have them put polish on. A pedicure is about the whole foot, not just the toes and don't forget about the wonderful foot and leg massage! At the place I go to, my pedicures take close to an hour and about half of that time is the massage part. Just had one yesterday in fact!

I don't usually do anything "weird" on my toes before a cruise - because I think it would look tacky on formal night. (Open toes) But the next time, I am going to the Caribbean for 2 weeks and decided I wanted to do the "watermelon toes" http://www.bellasugar.com/Love-Hate-Watermelon-Pedicure-3198923?page=0%2C1 What do you think? Too odd for formal night?

I think it's cute. Go for it!

i absolutely LOVE the watermelon toes! I've seen that picture before and did it on my own toes. It wasnt easy and it wasnt perfect but it looked pretty darn good, if i do say so myself. I love fun toes.

i'm not fond of the coral colors. I usually get metallic blue, dark navy blue, or bright pinks. I like to get the french pedicure with crazy colors too. like navy and hot pink.

someone mentioned a few posts back about having all white toes. i think i'll try that! with a nice shiny top coat i think that would be fabulous!

I also get a mani/pedi every 4 weeks year round. I'd do it every 2 if I could. My tech has become a friend and sometimes slips a design in when I'm not looking! But she has also done shape and polish for my 8 yr old grandaughter for free. Her idea. I LOVE that 1 1/2 hrs every month. I usually get pink, red or coral on my toes and clear on my fingernails. I'm also a warm weather girl- SC.

I usually do my own and change the color at least every week or two. I don't think my toes have been naked since 1982! I'm already trying out colors for our October cruise.

Next week we're going to an automotive event and I plan to do my big toes in a black/white checkerboard racing flag pattern and the rest solid black. I hope people notice.

Archived