Finding the right bar

Dog Drool

p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; } After reading the adventurers of Ma'am Nessa I know how important it is to find the right bar and bartender early in the cruise.

I know the vibe of the bars will change with the passengers but what is the general atmosphere of the various bar or what is your favourite one and why? I will be on the Westerdam.

p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; } After reading the adventurers of Ma'am Nessa I know how important it is to find the right bar and bartender early in the cruise.

I know the vibe of the bars will change with the passengers but what is the general atmosphere of the various bar or what is your favourite one and why? I will be on the Westerdam.

I've always liked the Crow's Nest for afternoon/early evening drinks (happy hour, etc) and the Northern Lights at night. (for the Vista Class which you'll be on)

I liked the Crow's Nest for pre dinner or immediate post dinner drinks with friends and the Piano Bar for the sheer entertainment value. Sure wish Kory Simon was back on board the Westerdam... or any other ship of the line for that matter.

I just disembarked from the Westerdam a couple of weeks ago. The Crow's Nest was dull, dull, dull. The only entertainment in there is a Country/Western guitarist, and he isn't very good, so there's no crowd.

The stewards in the Ocean Bar were fantastic! Remembered my name, drink, special instructions on that drink, and were all-around pleasant guys. The musicians across the way were good when there was a crowd.

I didn't drink when I was in the Piano Bar, so I can't tell you how the stewards were there.

I didn't go in to any of the other watering holes. Sorry.

We are Ocean's Bar folks also. We always sit at the bar. It is also our first stop once we board the ship - not interested in lunch in the Lido with the masses.

The biggest atmosphere change is if they have happy hour - then it is awful - full of cheap skates.

We used to spend most of our time in the Ocean Bar. Since they banned smoking there we have switched to the Crows Nest and learned to love it. In the afternoon we prefer the aft pool bar.

We used to spend most of our time in the Ocean Bar. Since they banned smoking there we have switched to the Crows Nest and learned to love it. In the afternoon we prefer the aft pool bar.

In February on the Zuiderdam there was no smoking in the Crows Nest.

In February on the Zuiderdam there was no smoking in the Crows Nest.

That's because it's a Vista class ship. The Vistas and the Signature class ships no longer have a smoking section in the Crow's Nest. The S- and R- class ships do. The Noordam, though, does still have the (smoking) Oak Room nearby.

The Prinsendam did have a small (very small) smoking section in the Crow's Nest, but I don't know if they still do.

That's because it's a Vista class ship. The Vistas and the Signature class ships no longer have a smoking section in the Crow's Nest. The S- and R- class ships do. The Noordam, though, does still have the (smoking) Oak Room nearby.

The Prinsendam did have a small (very small) smoking section in the Crow's Nest, but I don't know if they still do.

So the smoking areas are consistent within a class of ship?

Thanks

We like hearing the classical strings so the Explorers Bar is a choice, the Crows Nest can be good depending on the view and the entertainment.

For before dinner drinks and when we meet friends we choose the Crow's Nest and for after dinner drinks we choose the Explorers' lounge. That being said, the Explorer's Lounge is for a slightly older crowd I think - wonderful Adagio Strings to entertain.:p

So the smoking areas are consistent within a class of ship?

I haven't thought that through, but it feels like that's the case---at least indoors. There's really so few public smoking areas indoors that it's hard to think through a checklist.

I'm sure that if there are exceptions, someone will be along to point them out.

when the Ocean Bar was partial smoking. It was a great place before and after dinner. There were just 4 tables for smokers and the bar stools. Of course there were a few non smokers who tried to tie up those few places and complained. We just asked them to move to the non smoking area with several dozen tables. We never had an incident during 20 days afloat.

Archived