Good hotels near the cruise terminal in Barcelona

We will be departing out of Barcelona in November and were wondering if anyone has recommendations on some good hotels near the cruise terminal.

Any other recommendations on Barcelona would be great as well!:)

http://www.hotelcontinental.com/web/

these are the two I was looking at. very budget friendly, small mixed matched rooms - very european. loved it (i love kitch) the price is great and the free 24h snack bar is a wonderful extra. (we would have stayed their with my 5 year old, who could snack her way out of house and home). in the end, we are going to paris, but I thought I would pass this hotel along! I also have to say, I am sorry, its not near the port I miss read your post!

We always stay at the Acta Atrium Palace. Modern rooms, small indoor pool etc. Upscale area, but close to El Corte Ingles, Ramblas etc. without the awfulness!! The cruiselines use it at a very much higher cost to cruisers. Don't bother with breakfast - too expensive and they have a coffee shop next door. Great continental cafe (Fargis)a short walk away too.

We stayed at Hotel Continental Palacete and we really liked it. It is about 25 min cab ride from the port. Check out the Ports of Call forums for LOTS of hotel recommendations and advice in one spot.

Pre cruise we stayed at the Front Maritim which is at the beach very quiet and post cruise we stayed at the Icaria beach hotel both were very good the Icaria beach hotel has a nice pool area. taxi fares were about on par with what we would have paid if we had stayed in the town area.

http://www.hotelcontinental.com/web/

these are the two I was looking at. very budget friendly, small mixed matched rooms - very european. loved it (i love kitch) the price is great and the free 24h snack bar is a wonderful extra. (we would have stayed their with my 5 year old, who could snack her way out of house and home). in the end, we are going to paris, but I thought I would pass this hotel along! I also have to say, I am sorry, its not near the port I miss read your post!

We stayed here(Continental) a little over a year ago and loved it. It is very "kitchy" and very "pink", but we enjoyed our stay. Rooms were clean and comfy and the 24 hour buffet was a bonus. It is about a 10-15 minute ride to the ship and cost was about 10 euro. There is a cab stand about 100 feet or so from the hotel door (just around the corner). Very convenient location at the top of Las Ramblas.

We have stayed at the H. Continental Palacete 3 x: nice staff, 24 hr snack bar with drinks, nice location (Ramblas de Catalunya/Diputacion) cranky luggage lift, ... one block away from the hop-on, hop-off buses stop (passeig de gracia) and the bus/metro system are easy to use. ATMs convenient in the area.

For a change, I might consider the Hotel Majestic: good rates on their website.

Easy walk to the Placa de Catalunya and El Corte de Ingles.--Be careful with your personal belongings while sightseeing in Barcelona. We will be cruising to Barcelona this summer, and will be there overnight before flying home direct from the ship.

Another vote for both the Hotel Continental and and Hotel Continental Palacete. I've stayed at both and loved my stay at both hotels. The Hotel Palacete is larger with more rooms but both are great places to stay. Same owners for both. The buffet and free drinks including wine and beer were an added bonus. Plus the cost is very reasonable and the staff is fantastic.:)

I also quickly discovered that the airporter bus stop is only a block from the hotel. The cost is only 4 Euros to the airport and it drops you off right at the entrance for each terminal at the airport. Very convenient. If you have a post cruise stay planned you many want to catch the blue bus back to city center if staying on Las Rambla as the taxi line can be long.

We also stayed at the Hotel Continentals (both of them, on either side of the traffic circle). Good location, you can walk the Rambla or hop on the Metro. Definitely go take a look at the Sagrada Familia and the other house Gaudi worked on (with the balconies that look like bones) as well as Parc Guell.

The rooms in the hotels are small and/or funky. In the hotel on the south side of the circle, we ended up in this weird room that looked like it had been built into a storage area. I literally couldn't stand up in the tub, LOL. But it has flair. We sat on the tiny hotel lobby balcony, sipping free Stella Artois and watching some sort of mass protest that was blocking the traffic circle. Spanish SWAT was there, and the protesters had bullhorns. I asked the desk clerk what they were protesting and, in a bored voice, was told, "I don't know, they do that every Saturday." :D

Another vote for both the Hotel Continental and and Hotel Continental Palacete. I've stayed at both and loved my stay at both hotels. The Hotel Palacete is larger with more rooms but both are great places to stay. Same owners for both. The buffet and free drinks including wine and beer were an added bonus. Plus the cost is very reasonable and the staff is fantastic.:)

I also quickly discovered that the airporter bus stop is only a block from the hotel. The cost is only 4 Euros to the airport and it drops you off right at the entrance for each terminal at the airport. Very convenient. If you have a post cruise stay planned you many want to catch the blue bus back to city center if staying on Las Rambla as the taxi line can be long.

I looked at those places, but they didn't have a gym. I must have a gym. That is a deal breaker for me!

what about JAZZ HOTEL? any idea on this hotel anyone please?:)

You are getting bits and pieces of information here. Go to the Ports of Call boards, Europe, Spain Ports, and you will find LOTS of information on all things Barcelona.

I can recommend the Hotel Continental for good basic hotel that is in the "middle of it". My wife is picky and she liked my choice

If you require certain amenities like work out rooms you are either going to pay 3 times the room rate to stay near Las Ramblas or will be staying near the out skirts and can potentially pay twice the cost.

An alternative would be to stay near the airport, where you can find business class hotels, but would have to taxi/bus into the city.

I looked at those places, but they didn't have a gym. I must have a gym. That is a deal breaker for me!

We've also stayed at the Hotel Continental and it is in a wonderful location and priced so reasonable. We would definitely stay there again. And it's a reasonable taxi ride to the pier.

As someone who goes to the gym while at home, I can understand you wanting one in the hotel, too, but instead of "working out" inside, let me suggest you get out and walk, walk, walk. There is too much to see and do in Barcelona to spend it working out in a hotel gym. Believe me you'll get your exercise by just walking and viewing the sites.

We've also stayed at the Hotel Continental and it is in a wonderful location and priced so reasonable. We would definitely stay there again. And it's a reasonable taxi ride to the pier.

As someone who goes to the gym while at home, I can understand you wanting one in the hotel, too, but instead of "working out" inside, let me suggest you get out and walk, walk, walk. There is too much to see and do in Barcelona to spend it working out in a hotel gym. Believe me you'll get your exercise by just walking and viewing the sites.

That's what people tell me, but I'm really fanatical about it, to the point of not being able to sleep, and my entire body hurting if I miss a work out. :oYes, it's THAT bad. I can barely take disembarkation day, as those are the only days in the whole year where I don't work out.:o

Just got back from Barcelona and a five day cruise on AOS. Stayed in two great hotels coming and going. The new "W" is simply fantastic and the best hotel on the beach and also stayed at Le Meridian, the best hotel in the center of town. Both were a little pricey at 300 euros per night (retail), but overwhelmingly good service and product offering.

If you want a really good 5 star hotel the Eurostar Grand Marine is perfect , a little more expensive but great .

The hotel is right next to where the ships dock but its not a horrible port like some are. Only a 10 min walk into the Rambla and the Barca sightseeing bus stops outside the hotel .

Archived