Lost Camera - Any Arubans Here?

Wow, I too am blown away, especially by the turtle video:eek: And by your tenaciousness Aquahound!

And Scott...you are tooo funny, like...that whole deal was radical man! Carry on little Dude! Hope we get the results soon.

And to think, I thought it was just another I found a camera thread and didn't even peek!

Thanks, Puffinater. I really appreciate it. I was called today by the Associated Press. Keep your eyes on the media in the coming days. I don't know where or when the story might be published, but I'll try to give everyone a head's up. :)

Do you think I should ask the mods to re-name my thread to something more likely to be opened?

Oh my how wonderful. And to think that I cruised with this "celebrity" just last November!:D

Edited by cruisenfever

We'll all be looking for your headlines!!!

And of course we know that our autographed 18x10 glossies of your famous mug will be in the mail shortly after.;)

Have them mention alcohol or dress code..everyone will open it.:p

I know....I'll ask them to label it something along the lines of "Have you heard about the new C&A perks? Then, I'll offer the autographed pictures as the free gift. :D

Actually, I wouldn't mind if CC combined these threads and kept Puffinater's title.

You know, I have to say, I swear I did not think this was a big deal at first. Boy, was I mistaken!

I'm sure this thread will get more people to read the story. I read it all last night, and posted the turtle video and a link to the thread on Facebook.

It really is a cool story, starts off so simple and then just gets more and more interesting. I love the ending of the anchor recovery and now the photos of that wonderful event have been saved and can be seen by everyone involved with this.

In this day and age a story about someone doing something so selfless for someone they have never met is BIG news.

Think of how many people would have just kept the camera and never thought twice about it.:(

Good news is hard to come by these days...

Wow! I just found this thread today and started reading. My first though was what a wonderful gesture but good luck in finding them. Then I watched the turtle video and while watching, scrolled down to see the comments when I saw a comment from the owner of the camera! Ended up reading this entire thread, only to find out the owner posted here!

What an amazing story and thanks for making me smile after a long day.

Edited by Parkay

What a great person!

My poor friend lost her camera in NYC a few months ago. It had the entire first year of her daughters life on it, which she like many others has never copied to her computer. She cried and threw up for a week, so sad. I bet she is wishing someone like you found her camera.

What a great person!

My poor friend lost her camera in NYC a few months ago. It had the entire first year of her daughters life on it, which she like many others has never copied to her computer. She cried and threw up for a week, so sad. I bet she is wishing someone like you found her camera.

Things like that just make me crazy.:(

That is a super story from Tanderra about the diary too....so coool! I have heard of people getting letters finally delivered after many years and people finding wedding rings and finally track down their owners. All neat stories....and with a mystery...very enticing. I can only hope it happens to me someday, I would love to make someone that happy.:)

Edited by BecciBoo

I too was one who just skipped over it and never opened it....mistake...big mistake!! Best thread ever on CC.

Paul, I am very impressed with how you have not only found the camera, its owner and returned it, but how you have handled it here and with CC. Kudos!!!