Hot hot is Rome, Naples and Florence mid July

Joy Scott

No question ... Italy, Greece, etc. is HOT in July!!! But, no reason not to go if that is the best time for your vacation. We travel every July, and will be back in the Mediterranean next month!

We were there in 2001 and I can guarantee you it was both hot and humid. We lived in Florida and I thought we were used to it but it was even hotter in the Med than in Florida.

Just plan on it being hot and on having to change clothes when you come back to the ship.

Have a great next cruise.

be prepared...we live in FL. so used to warm,humid weather, but also to AC,,,found even hotels not AC or turned too hot for me...even most museums,etc.. unless its changed in last few years...so dress lightly and comfortably...remember ,,,you ARE in Rome,,,,so its a little hot....lucky to be there,right"? We usually avoid July in Europe,but we too will be in Croatia and Italy at first of month.....I m just hoping we ll be able to GET there with all the problems like volcanos,strikes,,etc.....:confused:

how hot ??? very

We live in the Med but DH still became ill after a day in Rome mid July.

Guess what - we are going back again this year. :eek:

It is worth it, but this time we will take a more leisurely route and not stand in queues waiting to go into places. If there is a queue we will skip that place (I have promised)

Yes, it is hot. I see you are from Georgia (as I am). It's much the same.

The best thing I can suggest is that you accustom yourself to the heat before you go by going out and walking during the heat of the day. Your body's thermostat really does adjust over time, and you'll notice the heat a lot less when you are there.

(Also, I suggest turning your AC up. As others have said, Europeans do not turn AC down to the almost unreasonably cool levels we are used to in the US. Why? Because electricity is much, much more expensive there.)

Yes, it is hot. I see you are from Georgia (as I am). It's much the same.

The best thing I can suggest is that you accustom yourself to the heat before you go by going out and walking during the heat of the day. Your body's thermostat really does adjust over time, and you'll notice the heat a lot less when you are there.

(Also, I suggest turning your AC up. As others have said, Europeans do not turn AC down to the almost unreasonably cool levels we are used to in the US. Why? Because electricity is much, much more expensive there.)

Acclimate ahead of time....as gruelling as it sounds its a great idea!! I work in the air conditioning all day so I really do need to do this.

Thanks for everyone's input!!!

It can get VERY hot, I reccomend a fan. The Italians are not very keen on paying for AC so be warned.

* Good news is you can always find AC in the follow places:

Hotels ( step in for a few minutes to cool off hehe)

Designer Stores ( If your paying that much for a pair of shoes they BETTER have AC)

The meat section of any grocery store, Warm temps dont go nice with meat.

Enjoy!

It gets hot, as others have mentioned. And after a day of walking around Rome it usually feels hotter than it really is. Thank goodness for those fountains....we dip our feet in. We always go in either in spring or fall. I took my son one August because he was in school. It was very, very hot in Rome but we were fortunate inasmuch as we had missed a heat wave in the prior month. If this is the only time that you can go well...needs must. If not, I would consider May or Sept/Oct.

Archived