Review: Fantasy 7-night 5-23-10 out of Charleston!

NCTribeFan

NCTribe,

When you went through security in the port of Charleston and let them know that you had your bottle of wine, do they then ask you to open your bag and show them? How does that work?

I think they can open the bag, for me they saw bottles on the scanner & asked me what they were & I said two bottles of wine, one for me one for my husband. They didn't look inside, but can.

NCTribe,

When you went through security in the port of Charleston and let them know that you had your bottle of wine, do they then ask you to open your bag and show them? How does that work?

We just ran all of our carry on bags through the scanners. We didnt specifically let them know we had the wine but I assume they have been briefed on the wine allowance. They didnt even question our wine but definitely opened my less than 12x12x12 cooler to see what was inside. I packed all my toiletries in there.:rolleyes: LOL. They did inspect our 12 pack of water we brought onboard fairly closely. ;) And looked at our 4 pack of diet cokes but just briefly.

They just pull you over to a table a few feet from the scanners so that they can look closer at anything they find may be questionable.

They almost freaked when they saw my battery operated candle. They thought it was real. :eek:

If you would like to read my picture review it is in my signature. :)

I haven't been on this board lately. Just back from a 2-week roundtrip cruise to Hawaii on HAL's Zaandam! Uploaded my approx 400 photos to Webshots overnight and need to label many of them, then will start writing my review. I plan on posting a link to it here for those who would like to read my feelings on the differences/similarities between the two lines.

Anyway, the only thing she said when I pointed out that I had a bottle in my bag was to ask if it was open! I believe I replied something along the lines of "not yet" or "not this early!" :D

Archived