An Odd b2b Offering Next Year For NE/C

tomc

I'm heading off to NE/C on the Maasdarn in about 2.5 weeks, a b2b Boston/Mtl/Boston. Usual trip.

HOWEVER: There is an offering next year that has me a l'il bit confused. No, perplexed. Perhaps even "what th'll??"

Boston-Montreal-Boston. b2b. Two 7-day cruises. On the same ship, same sailing, same date. Costs $xxxx.

Ok so far?

Boston-Montreal-Boston. "Discover Cruise, 14 days." Still the same ship as above. Same sailing as above, same date as above. But costs less than $xxxx.

Is it cheaper because on the second week people will "Discover" they are stopping at the same ports as the week before?

Is a 14-day cruise more tempting than two 7-day cruises?

Is the Pope Catholic? Does a bear... Well, you get what I mean.

Maybe I'm missing something, tomc, but it sounds to me like HAL is just giving a discount to pax who book the full 14 days over those who just book one single week. Obviously no one would book the 2 weeks as a regular 2-leg b2b as they would get a discount by just booking a 14 day single cruise. Over the years the question is always asked, 'Do I get a discount if I book a b2b?' Now you do.

I'm heading off to NE/C on the Maasdarn in about 2.5 weeks, a b2b Boston/Mtl/Boston. Usual trip.

HOWEVER: There is an offering next year that has me a l'il bit confused. No, perplexed. Perhaps even "what th'll??"

Boston-Montreal-Boston. b2b. Two 7-day cruises. On the same ship, same sailing, same date. Costs $xxxx.

Ok so far?

Boston-Montreal-Boston. "Discover Cruise, 14 days." Still the same ship as above. Same sailing as above, same date as above. But costs less than $xxxx.

Is it cheaper because on the second week people will "Discover" they are stopping at the same ports as the week before?

Is a 14-day cruise more tempting than two 7-day cruises?

Is the Pope Catholic? Does a bear... Well, you get what I mean.

We are on a 17 days cruise on Eurodam in Oct. NE/C then the Carribean.

The cruise is also offered as 2 cruises of 10 day + a 7 day.

It is less expensive to take the 17 days than it would be if we were taking the 2 cruises B2B. There is always a minimum 10% discount on B2B cruises (as per the cruise consultant at HAL). In this case for us, it is about a 12.5% discount. And even the pope or my teddy bear would agree.:D

I still wonder what we are supposed to discover.

"Oh, look! Quebec! It took us six days to get there last week, and we made it in only one this time!"

"Not only that, but tomorrow we will be going down a different river. I didn't like the St. Lawrence, but this time they're taking us on the fleuve Saint-Laurent. That will be a nice change."

"Couple of days, we'll be in Prince of Edward Highlands, then Sdyney ... Sidney ... that place with nothing to do, then Haligonia where they don't talk like us."

"Yessir, it's a whole different trip southbound."

TomC, while I can't attest to the b2b thingy, I can say with reasonable assurity:

the Pope is Catholic.

Although, I have reason to believe that the bear has, indeed, DONE the deed in my back yard.

Nuff said...:eek:

Is this something new? We sailed B2B to Alaska last year, and I asked about a break in price, but no go. Also when we did B2B Canada/New England the previous year.

Seems like it would be fair of HAL to discount for a B2B....

LoyHAL

They have one sailing Boston to Montreal to Boston as a "Collector's Cruise' and it can be purchased as a 14 day cruise for a lower rate than if you were to book the usual b -to-b the way we always have, Tom.

I believe the date might be June 25 or thereabouts?

Archived