appetizers during Elite "happy hour"?

39august

When we were on Century last fall thru Scandinavia, there was always canape trays of hot and cold appetizers offered to us. One evening, the staff from the specialty restaurant came in and did a cheese presentation. Nut mix was always at the tables.

Last month, aboard Infinity, there was zilch for the first couple of days. We went to the buffet and loaded a coffee mug with the nuts and bits from the salad bar and brought it in. A nut mix appeared at the tables but canapes were hit and miss. I particularly like to snack while I'm drinking alcohol - complimentary or otherwise.:p

Just off Constellation.

I imagine every ship is a bit different, but here's what they served us:

Each night, a saucer with four of the Concierge class canapes was given to each couple. These are little bread squares with toppings like gruyere cheese, caviar, prosciutto, cream cheese-based spread, etc.

Then, most nights, the waiters would later bring around another tray of hot appetizers like meatballs, tuna, chicken, fried cheese, spring rolls, or sometimes shrimp. Usually there were 2 or 3 choices of these each night.

hth,

Jan

We were on the Equinox at the end of March and a week's trip on Century earlier this month. We saw fried shrimp, meatballs, spring rolls and fried chicken wings on both ships. Maybe there was fried cheese. Personally, I didn't eat them but I'm sure many did.

We were on the Equinox at the end of March and a week's trip on Century earlier this month. We saw fried shrimp, meatballs, spring rolls and fried chicken wings on both ships. Maybe there was fried cheese. Personally, I didn't eat them but I'm sure many did.

Was the event always in Michael's or did it rotate? How well attended is the happy hour, and what were the hours. Thanks.

We were on the Equinox in March and the Century in May and the events were not in Michael's club due to the number of Elites. The cocktails were in large bars, can't recall the names. Equinox was great as it had views on 3 sides, deck 14 I believe.

The hours were 4-6pm.

Was the event always in Michael's or did it rotate? How well attended is the happy hour, and what were the hours. Thanks.

On Constellation it was held in Michael's every night, except the first night and the night of the Captain's party, which substituted for the event. It was well attended (half to 3/4 room full) on the Baltic cruise, but nearly empty on the previous Norwegian fjords cruise, due to a large group on board from Brazil, few of whom were elite.

On our Equinox transatlantic last fall, it was held in the large bar at the top of the ship, and was nearly full every night. On transatlantics, there tend to be more elite members on board, I think.

On Equinox, they served a slightly wider variety of hors d'oeuvres that varied night to night, often from one of the specialty restaurants.

hth,

Jan

Archived